Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.

Michael B.

Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
Hi

Im trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 on windows Vista on my new
Packard Bell Notebook/Laptop.

I place the disk in Drive D and then click, it then comes up with the
message:
" Can't Run
You must be an administrator to install Office 2007"

I have tried everything. I have cancelled the User Account, so that there
isn't one, but the administrator account is still active.

I have been on with this for 4 hours now and Im ready to give up.

PLEASE can someone help me get this put right.

Thankyou

Michael B
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
Hello,

have you tried running the Setup application as Administrator? Right-click the file -> Run as administrator

Grettings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Michael B." <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:03B0EA1D-D7F4-4900-A04A-405B38243056@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Im trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 on windows Vista on my new
> Packard Bell Notebook/Laptop.
>
> I place the disk in Drive D and then click, it then comes up with the
> message:
> " Can't Run
> You must be an administrator to install Office 2007"
>
> I have tried everything. I have cancelled the User Account, so that there
> isn't one, but the administrator account is still active.
>
> I have been on with this for 4 hours now and Im ready to give up.
>
> PLEASE can someone help me get this put right.
>
> Thankyou
>
> Michael B

Myweb

Re: Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
Hello Michael B.,

Use the "Run as" function and start the setup file with a right mouse click.
By default theire is no administrator password set.

Best regards

Myweb
no rights.

> Hi
>
> Im trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 on windows Vista on my new
> Packard Bell Notebook/Laptop.
>
> I place the disk in Drive D and then click, it then comes up with the
> message:
> " Can't Run
> You must be an administrator to install Office 2007"
> I have tried everything. I have cancelled the User Account, so that
> there isn't one, but the administrator account is still active.
>
> I have been on with this for 4 hours now and Im ready to give up.
>
> PLEASE can someone help me get this put right.
>
> Thankyou
>
> Michael B

Michael B.

Re: Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
Thankyou vry much. At last its worked. )

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> have you tried running the Setup application as Administrator? Right-click
> the file -> Run as administrator
>
> Grettings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "Michael B." <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi
> >
> > Im trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 on windows Vista on my new
> > Packard Bell Notebook/Laptop.
> >
> > I place the disk in Drive D and then click, it then comes up with the
> > message:
> > " Can't Run
> > You must be an administrator to install Office 2007"
> >
> > I have tried everything. I have cancelled the User Account, so that

> there
> > isn't one, but the administrator account is still active.
> >
> > I have been on with this for 4 hours now and Im ready to give up.
> >
> > PLEASE can someone help me get this put right.
> >
> > Thankyou
> >
> > Michael B

Michael B.

Re: Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
Thankyou its worked at last )
"Myweb" wrote:

> Hello Michael B.,
>
> Use the "Run as" function and start the setup file with a right mouse click.
> By default theire is no administrator password set.
>
> Best regards
>
> Myweb
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Im trying to install Microsoft Office 2007 on windows Vista on my new
> > Packard Bell Notebook/Laptop.
> >
> > I place the disk in Drive D and then click, it then comes up with the
> > message:
> > " Can't Run
> > You must be an administrator to install Office 2007"
> > I have tried everything. I have cancelled the User Account, so that
> > there isn't one, but the administrator account is still active.
> >
> > I have been on with this for 4 hours now and Im ready to give up.
> >
> > PLEASE can someone help me get this put right.
> >
> > Thankyou
> >
> > Michael B

huwyngr

Re: Installation of MS Office 2007 on Vista.
If you turned off UAC I've just seen someone report that they could not
install Office 2007 until they turned it back on.

Try right mouse clicking on the installation start file and selecting
Run as Administrator?