Not Enough Privileges;

ADH

Not Enough Privileges;
Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked on
shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough privileges.
You do not have enough privileges to start program.
-- Please advise.
ADH
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
Hello,

I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3138F94F-C0AD-49CB-9058-CFA8B8E7B23F@microsoft.com...
> Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked on
> shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough privileges.
> You do not have enough privileges to start program.
> -- Please advise.
> ADH

ADH

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
Have tried that a few times to no avail.
--
ADH

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3138F94F-C0AD-49CB-9058-CFA8B8E7B23F@microsoft.com...
> > Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked on
> > shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough privileges.
> > You do not have enough privileges to start program.
> > -- Please advise

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
ADH

What is the program? Tough to do any research without this information.

This is a fairly straight forward error message that has 2 basic causes.

You are not running the program with full admin privileges.
The program is not compatible with Vista.

Do you have UAC turned off?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have tried that a few times to no avail.
> --
> ADH
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if
>> you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>>
>> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> > Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked
>> > on
>> > shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough
>> > privileges.
>> > You do not have enough privileges to start program.
>> > -- Please advise

kbloomrhp

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
i have this same problem. i have the software in the CD Rom drive. when i
right click within the cd rom, it doesn't give me an option to run as
administrator. how do i get that option?

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3138F94F-C0AD-49CB-9058-CFA8B8E7B23F@microsoft.com...
> > Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked on
> > shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough privileges.
> > You do not have enough privileges to start program.
> > -- Please advise

kbloomrhp

Re: Not Enough Privileges;

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3138F94F-C0AD-49CB-9058-CFA8B8E7B23F@microsoft.com...
> > Attempting to run a program and signed on as Administrator. D clicked on
> > shortcut and got a dialog box saying, "E000101F4: Not enough privileges.
> > You do not have enough privileges to start program.
> > -- Please advise

kbloomrhp

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
i have the same problem and am trying to install pinnacle studio version 9.
how do i right click and run as administrator as other person suggested?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> ADH
>
> What is the program? Tough to do any research without this information.
>
> This is a fairly straight forward error message that has 2 basic causes.
>
> You are not running the program with full admin privileges.
> The program is not compatible with Vista.
>
> Do you have UAC turned off?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have tried that a few times to no avail.
> > --
> > ADH
> >

> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if
> >> you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo

ADH

Re: Not Enough Privileges;
Acronis Disc Director. I had the shortcut in the Quick Launch Bar, deleted
that and put the shortcut on the desktop. Worked fine then.
--
ADH

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> ADH
>
> What is the program? Tough to do any research without this information.
>
> This is a fairly straight forward error message that has 2 basic causes.
>
> You are not running the program with full admin privileges.
> The program is not compatible with Vista.
>
> Do you have UAC turned off?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have tried that a few times to no avail.
> > --
> > ADH
> >

> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I don't know if you've tried yet - but will this error happen again if
> >> you right-click the program and choose "Run as administrator"?
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Not Enough Privileges;