Right click menu and submenu problems with display

oshvision

Right click menu and submenu problems with display
Hi there

I have a problem with vista, at first i didnt have this problem but after a
restart once, the menus changed do they went to the left rather than the
usual right.

When I Right click in the middle of the screen on the my documents folder,
the right click menu appers, but not from the right of the cursor, but from
the left, not usally the windows default, when i do this in Windows 98, the
menu appears to the right of the cursor, this also causes serious problems
with the submenus within the right click menu, and the same problems occur
with drop down menus in programs like Word and Excel, please you you help?
brink

Re: Right click menu and submenu problems with display

oshvision;382169 Wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have a problem with vista, at first i didnt have this problem but
> after a
> restart once, the menus changed do they went to the left rather than
> the
> usual right.
>
> When I Right click in the middle of the screen on the my documents
> folder,
> the right click menu appers, but not from the right of the cursor, but
> from
> the left, not usally the windows default, when i do this in Windows 98,
> the
> menu appears to the right of the cursor, this also causes serious
> problems
> with the submenus within the right click menu, and the same problems
> occur
> with drop down menus in programs like Word and Excel, please you you
> help?

Hi oshvision,

If where you right click is near the edge of your display screen and/or
a item in the right click menu has a long name, then this would be
normal for it to appear to the left of the mouse cursor instead.

Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Right click menu and submenu problems with display
Oshvision

Open Control Panel and select Classic View from the task pane. Open Tablet
PC Settings. In the General Tab, Handedness section, check to make sure that
"Right Handed" is not selected. If this option is selected, the menus will
appear on the left side of the mouse pointer, when there is room.

Not sure why a restart would have caused this?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP