Vista won't allow app install even though user accout is administr

Robert

Vista won't allow app install even though user accout is administr
I am having permission problems with Vista Business.
My user account clearly shows me as an administrator but I am not able to
install programs. I get messages such as "You must be an administrator of
this comnputer to install "program name." I have also gotten messages saying
I don't have write permissions to a certain folder.
This is carrying over to Internet explorer as I can't get IE to allow me to
run Active X controls even through the preferences are set up to allow that.
Thank you.
Robert
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Vista won't allow app install even though user accout is administr
Hello,

you have to give the rights to programs separately. Right-click the program, and choose "Run as administrator".

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:69BA4F6A-10D8-41FF-BB7A-AA88FCF6DA43@microsoft.com...
>I am having permission problems with Vista Business.
> My user account clearly shows me as an administrator but I am not able to
> install programs. I get messages such as "You must be an administrator of
> this comnputer to install "program name." I have also gotten messages saying
> I don't have write permissions to a certain folder.
> This is carrying over to Internet explorer as I can't get IE to allow me to
> run Active X controls even through the preferences are set up to allow that.
> Thank you.
> Robert

Ben

Re: Vista won't allow app install even though user accout is admin
I'm having a similar problem with an SSL network connect program. I get an
error message when I log in (it should install a program). error: You do
not have proper proviledges to install the application. I am the
administrator and the only user on this machine. Can't right click as you
suggest because it install automatically on login. (vista home premium)

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> you have to give the rights to programs separately. Right-click the
> program, and choose "Run as administrator".
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I am having permission problems with Vista Business.
> > My user account clearly shows me as an administrator but I am not able

> > install programs. I get messages such as "You must be an administrator

> of
> > this comnputer to install "program name." I have also gotten messages

> saying
> > I don't have write permissions to a certain folder.
> > This is carrying over to Internet explorer as I can't get IE to allow me

> > run Active X controls even through the preferences are set up to allow

> that.
> > Thank you.
> > Robert

Robert

Re: Vista won't allow app install even though user accout is admin
Thank you for your reply but running the install as an administrator does not
work. I had already tried it.

i ended up getting the program to install by booting into safe mode but that
can't be the real solution to the problem.

The user account I am using is an administrator account but there are
numerous permissions issues with it.