over ride administrator password

swtrckymt.grl

over ride administrator password
please help me!! i need to over ride the admin password... i created the
account but i did not make a password recovery disc.. and i really cant remb
the pass word. PLEASE HELP!!!!! i need to protect comp from viruses and i
cant download any programs with out the admin password..... so c my delima...
help
thanks so much
--
swtrckymt.grl
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: over ride administrator password
Swtrckymt.grl

Do you have a Vista installation DVD?

If you do, go to the following website and follow the instructions in Option
2. This allow you to enable the Built-in Administrator account on the
Welcome screen. You can use this account to change or delete the password to
the other admin account.

What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account:
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx

After you get everything fixed, go to Start and type: cmd.exe Right
click the cmd.exe file and select the Run As Administrator option. In the
command window, type the following:

net user administrator /active:no

And press Enter.

This will hgide the built-in administrator account for safe keeping.

--

Ronnie Vernon

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"swtrckymt.grl" <swtrckymtgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please help me!! i need to over ride the admin password... i created the
> account but i did not make a password recovery disc.. and i really cant
> remb
> the pass word. PLEASE HELP!!!!! i need to protect comp from viruses and
> cant download any programs with out the admin password..... so c my
> delima...
> help
> thanks so much
> --
> swtrckymt.grl

swtrckymt.grl

Re: over ride administrator password
i do not have a vista installation dvd.all i have is a restore cd (bootable
cd ver.2.1).i do not wish to have to return the computer to it's origonal
factory settings. i am afraid i will loose everything i already have on it,
and i realy do not want to have to re-instal it all. i am not very computer
smart. i have only been useing one for a couple of years now, and am learning
more and more every day. is there any outher way to by-pass the admin.
password and resolve my over-bearing tasck,so i can get one with what ever
else i wish to do???i practaly need step by step instructions on what to
do.can't afford to by any yype of recovery cd's ect. i don't even have a
credit card to do so even if i wanted to.....i'm desperate-PLEASE HELP ME if
you can!!!!!!!!!!
--
swtrckymt.grl

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Swtrckymt.grl
>
> Do you have a Vista installation DVD?
>
> If you do, go to the following website and follow the instructions in Option
> 2. This allow you to enable the Built-in Administrator account on the
> Welcome screen. You can use this account to change or delete the password to
> the other admin account.
>
> What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account:
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx
>
> After you get everything fixed, go to Start and type: cmd.exe Right
> click the cmd.exe file and select the Run As Administrator option. In the
> command window, type the following:
>
> net user administrator /active:no
>
> And press Enter.
>
> This will hgide the built-in administrator account for safe keeping.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "swtrckymt.grl" <swtrckymtgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > please help me!! i need to over ride the admin password... i created the
> > account but i did not make a password recovery disc.. and i really cant
> > remb
> > the pass word. PLEASE HELP!!!!! i need to protect comp from viruses and
> > cant download any programs with out the admin password..... so c my
> > delima...
> > help
> > thanks so much
> > --
> > swtrckymt.grl

dewy65

Re: over ride administrator password

hi, im running Vista home preimium and i have a regular account, my boss
has an admin account and i cant do anything on mine,i tried to going
into DOS and do the net user thing, i got there real easy but after i
confirmed the password it said access denied, is there a difrent way?

--
dewy65
dewy65's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38826

http://forums.techarena.in