RE: Profiles Fail to Load

Dom

RE: Profiles Fail to Load
Hi John,
I'm on vista home premium and am having a similar problem, it says the user
profile service cannot be loaded, the user profile failed the logon, did you
manage to resolve it? As it's a dell pc they had a go at fixing it which
worked for a day or two(they turned off the user control accounts in control
panel) but now i have the same problem as before, did u succeed in resolving
the issue?
Thanks
Dominic

"John" wrote:

> Running Vista Ultimate Edition RTM (not on a domain), I'm fairly regularly
> seeing instances where the local profile can't load, and so a temporary
> profile is created. The event log shows event ID 1502:
>
> =====
> Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
> error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.
>
> DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process.
> =====
>
> This is followed by an event ID 1515:
>
> =====
> Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to
> use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.
> =====
>
> I've got two different accounts/profiles on this machine--one with admin
> rights, one that's a regular user account. Both accounts will have this
> error. A reboot generally fixes it, after which the profile will load
> normally.

Ron B.

RE: Profiles Fail to Load
I got a similar issue, and I found that you can create a different profile
and just move your files over to that. My problem is that I log on to a
domain, not a standalone computer, so I don't have the option of just
creating a profile with a different name.
There needs to be a solution to this if Vista is to have a future in
networked computers.
--
---------
Ron B.