Logging in

Computer Illiterate

Logging in
I setup my new computer last night. I logged in twice last night with no
problem. When I try to log in this morning the error message reads username
or password incorrect. There's a reset password wizard but it requires that
I have already created a reset password disk. I just got the darn thing. No
I don't have a reset password disk. How in the heck to I log in when I've
already tried all variations of my password and none of them work? If I ever
get back into it, how do I turn off the password requirement to avoid this
hassle in the future?
Spenceation

RE: Logging in
You can not turn off your password requirement without really modifying the
system, but you can remove the password from you account. Restart your
computer and when your computer is booting up press F8 before windows loads,
probably best to just keep hitting it. A list will show up, select Safe Mode.
When Windows loads, try to log in with the "Administrator" account, and a
blank password. Hopefully it will not have a password set, and let you log
in. From there you should be able to reset the password on your user
account, which if you want you can leave blank. If you need help let me know.

"Computer Illiterate" wrote:

> I setup my new computer last night. I logged in twice last night with no
> problem. When I try to log in this morning the error message reads username
> or password incorrect. There's a reset password wizard but it requires that
> I have already created a reset password disk. I just got the darn thing. No
> I don't have a reset password disk. How in the heck to I log in when I've
> already tried all variations of my password and none of them work? If I ever
> get back into it, how do I turn off the password requirement to avoid this
> hassle in the future?

Phillie

RE: Logging in
i am experiencing the same problem, i have hit f8 tried to get onto admin but
is putting me on safe mode back to the screen i cant get into any other ideas
really need to get into my pc for work. even hit repair to see if that helps
it was a no go