User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically

TimePilot

User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically
Hi, have a couple of programs that I run in compatibility mode and I always
get the prompt from the User Account Control that says "unidentified program"
and have to click to continue. I would like to allow these couple of
programs to run without getting asked to continue while keeping the
notification for any other potentially hazardous programs. Is there a way to
do that?
Thanks!
Jimmy Brush

Re: User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically
TimePilot wrote:
> Hi, have a couple of programs that I run in compatibility mode and I always
> get the prompt from the User Account Control that says "unidentified program"
> and have to click to continue. I would like to allow these couple of
> programs to run without getting asked to continue while keeping the
> notification for any other potentially hazardous programs. Is there a way to
> do that?
> Thanks!

No.

The UAC prompt is ensuring that you are actually the one starting these
programs. Since they are being started with full control over your
computer, it is unacceptable for them to run if you do not start them.

--
-JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
David A. Spicer

Re: User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically
administrator.
--------------
Every time I've built character, I've regretted it.

"TimePilot" <TimePilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, have a couple of programs that I run in compatibility mode and I
> always
> get the prompt from the User Account Control that says "unidentified
> program"
> and have to click to continue. I would like to allow these couple of
> programs to run without getting asked to continue while keeping the
> notification for any other potentially hazardous programs. Is there a way
> do that?
> Thanks!

TimePilot

Re: User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically
I've got the compatibility set as Windows XPSP2, run as administrator. I've
used the program many times successfully but it keeps saying "unidentified
program... allow or not" whenever I start it.

"David A. Spicer" wrote:

> administrator.
> --------------
> Every time I've built character, I've regretted it.
>

> "TimePilot" <TimePilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, have a couple of programs that I run in compatibility mode and I
> > always
> > get the prompt from the User Account Control that says "unidentified
> > program"
> > and have to click to continue. I would like to allow these couple of
> > programs to run without getting asked to continue while keeping the
> > notification for any other potentially hazardous programs. Is there a way
> > do that?
> > Thanks!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account Control- Allowing certain programs automatically
TimePilot

This simply means that the program is not completely compatible with Vista.
If it were, it would be indentifying itself with a standard admin prompt.
You might want to check for any available updates for that program.

Also, be sure to run the Windows Update feature today, there is one general
compatibility update available.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP