Stop other administrator from entering my account

thelick00

Stop other administrator from entering my account
Hi
somehow a friend of mine keeps gaining access to my account, i'm not sure
how he does this and denies it when i confront him, how do i stop him from
doing this as i have pretty personal information on my account.
Thanks in advance for any help
Bruce Chambers

Re: Stop other administrator from entering my account
thelick00 wrote:
> Hi
> somehow a friend of mine keeps gaining access to my account, i'm not sure
> how he does this and denies it when i confront him, how do i stop him from
> doing this as i have pretty personal information on my account.
> Thanks in advance for any help

1) Dump him and get a friend that you can trust.

2) Don't allow him to use your computer.

3) If you must let him use your computer, ensure that he doesn't have
an account with administrative privileges, and that the built-in
Administrator account his secured against his use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Kerry Brown

"thelick00" <thelick00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> somehow a friend of mine keeps gaining access to my account, i'm not sure
> how he does this and denies it when i confront him, how do i stop him from
> doing this as i have pretty personal information on my account.
> Thanks in advance for any help

If he has physical access it's hard to stop him. Probably the easiest way is
to store your files on an external drive that you remove when you are not
using the computer. You could also encrypt the files but this can be tricky.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Puppy Breath

Re: Stop other administrator from entering my account
Seems weird that you can't just make the account's folder private like in
XP.

"Puppy Breath" <noreply@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Seems weird that you can't just make the account's folder private like in
> XP.

That is the default in Vista. That doesn't however stop someone who has
physical access to the computer and is determined.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User