> Well I edited the registry and had a shutdown problem, after restarting
> again I tried to make a restore point and got the message "Access
> There is still something preventing me from creating a restore point,
> what? Time to Punt
I found this while I was digging:
- Click *Start Menu* then *Computer*.
- Click *Tools* menu then click* Folder Options*.
- Click *View *tab, dot *Show hidden files and folders*.
- Uncheck *Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)*.
Click *Yes* when you are prompted to confirm the change.
- Click *OK*.
- Click on your *C:\ * drive (Or the drive you have Vista on)
- Right-click the *System Volume Information* folder, and then click
- If the *Read-only* attibutes is checked (not blue in box), uncheck
it and click *OK*.
- Now try creating a restore point.*Warning:* Remember to hide the hidden System Files when done.
Hope this helps,
*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*