How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium

BJKatein

How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium
I need to access the Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium. In
Windows Explorer, I looked at the Properties of this folder by right clicking
on the folder and selecting Properties. Under the Sharing tab, it says not
shared. So I clicked Advanced Sharing, then put a check next to Share this
Folder and then clicked Apply at the bottom. The following error message
appears: "An error occurred while trying to share Documents and Settings.
Access is denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." I also
checked the Security Tab and applied full control to Everyone, System, and
Administrators. Can anyone tell me how to access this folder? I want to put a
folder into C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/5.0/Photo Creations/Special Effects.
P. Di Stolfo

Re: How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium
Hello,

normally, the "Documents and Settings" folder is called "Users" under Windows Vista. Is this folder from an older installation, like from Windows XP?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"BJKatein" <BJKatein@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news2A602D7-2872-4914-AE2F-5BB0EDFC0312@microsoft.com...
>I need to access the Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium. In
> Windows Explorer, I looked at the Properties of this folder by right clicking
> on the folder and selecting Properties. Under the Sharing tab, it says not
> shared. So I clicked Advanced Sharing, then put a check next to Share this
> Folder and then clicked Apply at the bottom. The following error message
> appears: "An error occurred while trying to share Documents and Settings.
> Access is denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." I also
> checked the Security Tab and applied full control to Everyone, System, and
> Administrators. Can anyone tell me how to access this folder? I want to put a
> folder into C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
> Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/5.0/Photo Creations/Special Effects.

Jeffrey W. Roach

Re: How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium
In Vista that folder is redirected to %systemdrive%\ProgramData\adobe.
%systemdrive% is usual C:\

HTH,

Jeff

"BJKatein" <BJKatein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2A602D7-2872-4914-AE2F-5BB0EDFC0312@microsoft.com...
>I need to access the Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium.
>In
> Windows Explorer, I looked at the Properties of this folder by right
> clicking
> on the folder and selecting Properties. Under the Sharing tab, it says not
> shared. So I clicked Advanced Sharing, then put a check next to Share this
> Folder and then clicked Apply at the bottom. The following error message
> appears: "An error occurred while trying to share Documents and Settings.
> Access is denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." I
> also
> checked the Security Tab and applied full control to Everyone, System,
> and
> Administrators. Can anyone tell me how to access this folder? I want to
> put a
> folder into C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
> Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/5.0/Photo Creations/Special Effects.

BJKatein

Re: How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Prem
Thanks for the help. I've got it all figured out now. You are correct, it was
under the Users folder.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> normally, the "Documents and Settings" folder is called "Users" under
> Windows Vista. Is this folder from an older installation, like from
> Windows XP?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> "BJKatein" <BJKatein@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news2A602D7-2872-4914-AE2F-5BB0EDFC0312@microsoft.com...
> >I need to access the Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Premium.

> In
> > Windows Explorer, I looked at the Properties of this folder by right

> clicking
> > on the folder and selecting Properties. Under the Sharing tab, it says

> not
> > shared. So I clicked Advanced Sharing, then put a check next to Share

> this
> > Folder and then clicked Apply at the bottom. The following error message
> > appears: "An error occurred while trying to share Documents and

> Settings.
> > Access is denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." I

> also
> > checked the Security Tab and applied full control to Everyone, System,

> and
> > Administrators. Can anyone tell me how to access this folder? I want to

> put a
> > folder into C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
> > Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/5.0/Photo Creations/Special Effects.

BJKatein

Re: How to Access Documents and Settings Folder in Vista Home Prem
Thanks for the help. I found the folder I was looking for under C:\Users\All
Users\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\Special Effects.