Activation doesn't work, says in use

Hekimpd

Activation doesn't work, says in use
I've rebuilt my computer and upgraded my hardware. I had issues installing
Vista, so I reinstalled it a few times. I'm not sure if this is the issue,
but if it is, I would like to know how to resolve it. I don't want my money
I paid for Vista Home Premium to go to waste because I upgraded my hardware.

Thank you for your help.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Activation doesn't work, says in use
Hekimpd

You are seeing the 'In Use' message, when you try to activate, because 'you'
have already activated using that product key.

You simply need to use the telephone option that appears in the Activation
Screen. Stay on the line, after the activation fails, a representative will
assist you in activating Vista.

You will not lose your money, the license you bought is perpetual and you
can activate as many times as you wish.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Hekimpd" <Hekimpd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've rebuilt my computer and upgraded my hardware. I had issues
> installing
> Vista, so I reinstalled it a few times. I'm not sure if this is the
> issue,
> but if it is, I would like to know how to resolve it. I don't want my
> money
> I paid for Vista Home Premium to go to waste because I upgraded my
> hardware.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Hekimpd

Re: Activation doesn't work, says in use
I've done that to be honest, and when I was on the line, after telling the
prompt the last block of numbers in 9, it disconnected me. I'll give it
another shot and see what happens. Thank you for the quick response.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Hekimpd
>
> You are seeing the 'In Use' message, when you try to activate, because 'you'
> have already activated using that product key.
>
> You simply need to use the telephone option that appears in the Activation
> Screen. Stay on the line, after the activation fails, a representative will
> assist you in activating Vista.
>
> You will not lose your money, the license you bought is perpetual and you
> can activate as many times as you wish.
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Hekimpd" <Hekimpd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've rebuilt my computer and upgraded my hardware. I had issues
> > installing
> > Vista, so I reinstalled it a few times. I'm not sure if this is the
> > issue,
> > but if it is, I would like to know how to resolve it. I don't want my
> > money
> > I paid for Vista Home Premium to go to waste because I upgraded my
> > hardware.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Activation doesn't work, says in use
That's not normal at all. I recently re-activated my wife's Vista software
due to a reinstall and the process was painless and took about five minutes.
After putting in the last block of numbers you should have been transferred
to a live operator.