computername

eduardo

computername
I have a notebook and it is in a homenetwork(workgroup)
There is also a server(Qube3) and if I want to logon to the server i fill in
the username and password and click o.k. ,immediatally after that the logon
screen comes back and puts the computername/in front off the username,so i
cannot logon to the server.
Can somebody please tell me how to solve this problem?
Tim

Re: computername
Do you have an account on the "Qube3" server? Is this server on the same
network as "homenetwork"? Have you joined your notebook to Qube3's domain?

Tim

"eduardo" <eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a notebook and it is in a homenetwork(workgroup)
> There is also a server(Qube3) and if I want to logon to the server i fill
> in
> the username and password and click o.k. ,immediatally after that the
> logon
> screen comes back and puts the computername/in front off the username,so i
> cannot logon to the server.
> Can somebody please tell me how to solve this problem?

eduardo

Re: computername
The Qube3 is a part off the network,not a domain,my windows is vista home
premium

"Tim" wrote:

> Do you have an account on the "Qube3" server? Is this server on the same
> network as "homenetwork"? Have you joined your notebook to Qube3's domain?
>
> Tim
>
> "eduardo" <eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a notebook and it is in a homenetwork(workgroup)
> > There is also a server(Qube3) and if I want to logon to the server i fill
> > in
> > the username and password and click o.k. ,immediatally after that the
> > logon
> > screen comes back and puts the computername/in front off the username,so i
> > cannot logon to the server.
> > Can somebody please tell me how to solve this problem?

Tim

Re: computername
How about the first question? What OS is Qube3 running?

> The Qube3 is a part off the network,not a domain,my windows is vista home
> premium
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> Do you have an account on the "Qube3" server? Is this server on the same
>> network as "homenetwork"? Have you joined your notebook to Qube3's
>> domain?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "eduardo" <eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a notebook and it is in a homenetwork(workgroup)
>> > There is also a server(Qube3) and if I want to logon to the server i
>> > fill
>> > in
>> > the username and password and click o.k. ,immediatally after that the
>> > logon
>> > screen comes back and puts the computername/in front off the
>> > username,so i
>> > cannot logon to the server.
>> > Can somebody please tell me how to solve this problem?

eduardo

Re: computername
Linux
Eduardo

"Tim" wrote:

> How about the first question? What OS is Qube3 running?
>
> "eduardo" <eduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The Qube3 is a part off the network,not a domain,my windows is vista home
> > premium
> >
> > "Tim" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have an account on the "Qube3" server? Is this server on the same
> >> network as "homenetwork"? Have you joined your notebook to Qube3's
> >> domain?
> >>
> >> Tim

Tim

Re: computername
Linux? Well...gee...that would have been a useful thing to mention at the
beginning, don't you think? I was assuming you were talking about all MS
Windows machines. I suggest you post your question in a Linux NG.