administrative privilages

jaytee

administrative privilages
mine is the only account on my computer running vista home premium

when I try to do some things on computer it tels me I need administrative
privilages
I am the adminstrator and checking my account details comfirms this

one of the things I try to run is cmd but get the following message

error you do not have the correct permission to run this command

then tells me I need to open cmd with an account that has administrator
privlages

I know some programs you can right click on them and select run as
admistrator but what about the programs that don't show this option
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: administrative privilages
Jaytee

Heve you turned User Account Control (UAC) off?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"jaytee" <jackinwakefield@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
> mine is the only account on my computer running vista home premium
>
> when I try to do some things on computer it tels me I need administrative
> privilages
> I am the adminstrator and checking my account details comfirms this
>
> one of the things I try to run is cmd but get the following message
>
> error you do not have the correct permission to run this command
>
> then tells me I need to open cmd with an account that has administrator
> privlages
>
> I know some programs you can right click on them and select run as
> admistrator but what about the programs that don't show this option

jaytee

Re: administrative privilages
no will try it but have found if I right click and click run as administator
it work on some programs but have to do it each time

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Jaytee
>
> Heve you turned User Account Control (UAC) off?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "jaytee" <jackinwakefield@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
> > mine is the only account on my computer running vista home premium
> >
> > when I try to do some things on computer it tels me I need administrative
> > privilages
> > I am the adminstrator and checking my account details comfirms this
> >
> > one of the things I try to run is cmd but get the following message
> >
> > error you do not have the correct permission to run this command
> >
> > then tells me I need to open cmd with an account that has administrator
> > privlages
> >
> > I know some programs you can right click on them and select run as
> > admistrator but what about the programs that don't show this option

brink

Re: administrative privilages

Hi jaytee,

You can right click the program and click "Properties", "Compatibility"
tab, check "Run as administrator", and click "ok" to apply. This way
you do not have to do every time you need to use it.

I would recommend that you leace UAC turned on. It will help alert you
if a rogue program tries to run without you knowing about it. If you
really want to, then I would recommend that you just "Elevate
Administrators privilege level". This will help suppress the elevation
prompts for the administrators account and leave UAC on. Here is a link
for how to do it. Just scroll down a bit until you get to the section.

http://tinyurl.com/2nhe8a

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Need''''''''s Help

Re: administrative privilages
Were do you fine the UAC at can you help me please. I also am running Vista
Home Premium and I to am having lots of problems HELP please.
--
Thanks for all your help

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Jaytee
>
> Heve you turned User Account Control (UAC) off?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "jaytee" <jackinwakefield@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
> > mine is the only account on my computer running vista home premium
> >
> > when I try to do some things on computer it tels me I need administrative
> > privilages
> > I am the adminstrator and checking my account details comfirms this
> >
> > one of the things I try to run is cmd but get the following message
> >
> > error you do not have the correct permission to run this command
> >
> > then tells me I need to open cmd with an account that has administrator
> > privlages
> >
> > I know some programs you can right click on them and select run as
> > admistrator but what about the programs that don't show this option

Brink

Re: administrative privilages

Hello,

This may be able to help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/48...ntrol-uac.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Need''''''''s Help;879948 Wrote:
> Were do you fine the UAC at can you help me please. I also am running
> Vista
> Home Premium and I to am having lots of problems HELP please.
> --
> Thanks for all your help
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Jaytee
> > >
> > > Heve you turned User Account Control (UAC) off?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Ronnie Vernon
> > > Microsoft MVP
> > > Windows Shell/User
> > >

> > > "jaytee" <jackinwakefield@xxxxxx(nospam)> wrote in message
> > > news:40D8015F-D047-49C6-B85C-72FA839511A8@xxxxxx> > > > >

> > > administrative

> > > administrator

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Mort

Re: administrative privilages
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:41:01 -0800, Need''''''''s Help
<NeedsHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Were do you fine the UAC at can you help me please. I also am running Vista
>Home Premium and I to am having lots of problems HELP please.

To turn UAC off:

Control Panel (Classic Mode) - User Accounts

It's there.

--
Mort D.
Need''''''''s Help

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Jaytee
>
> Heve you turned User Account Control (UAC) off?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "jaytee" <jackinwakefield@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
> > mine is the only account on my computer running vista home premium
> >
> > when I try to do some things on computer it tels me I need administrative
> > privilages
> > I am the adminstrator and checking my account details comfirms this
> >
> > one of the things I try to run is cmd but get the following message
> >
> > error you do not have the correct permission to run this command
> >
> > then tells me I need to open cmd with an account that has administrator
> > privlages
> >
> > I know some programs you can right click on them and select run as
> > admistrator but what about the programs that don't show this option

Need''''''''s Help

Re: administrative privilages
Were do you turn off the UAC at?
--