Error with Internet Shortcuts

Luke

Error with Internet Shortcuts
Hi

My friend using windows Vista Basic has an error headed Problem with
Shortcut when ever a internet shortcut is clicked on. But what I don't
understand is that it still loads the webpage. Does anyone know what is
happening??

Luke

Gistcheckin

RE: Error with Internet Shortcuts
Not knowing the Complete Error Message your friend receives, this is an
example/resolution:
Error Message: Your Browser Is Not Currently Set to Accept Cookies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317689

Try cleaning out Cache files as well.

--
Gistcheckin

"Luke" wrote:

> Hi
>
> My friend using windows Vista Basic has an error headed Problem with
> Shortcut when ever a internet shortcut is clicked on. But what I don't
> understand is that it still loads the webpage. Does anyone know what is
> happening??
>
> Luke

Luke

Re: Error with Internet Shortcuts
It isn't anything to do with favorites its to do with internet shortcuts on
the desktop (right click, new..., shortcut, enter the name)

Luke

"Gistcheckin" <Gistcheckin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not knowing the Complete Error Message your friend receives, this is an
> example/resolution:
> Error Message: Your Browser Is Not Currently Set to Accept Cookies
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317689
>
> Try cleaning out Cache files as well.
>
> --
> Gistcheckin
>

> "Luke" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My friend using windows Vista Basic has an error headed Problem with
>> Shortcut when ever a internet shortcut is clicked on. But what I don't
>> understand is that it still loads the webpage. Does anyone know what is
>> happening??
>>
>> Luke

Gistcheckin

Re: Error with Internet Shortcuts
Luke, I understood but, you have not yet listed the error message received.

Ex: Unable to create 'xxx' Unspecified Error

User: Jay_laptop... "Explicitly granting Full Control for the folder to my
user account resolved the issue"

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...5-76930fc15de8

--
Gistcheckin