Boot into Standard user account

brink

Boot into Standard user account

Hello,

This may be simple question, but how do you get Vista to boot into the
Standard user account instead of the default Administrator account. I
tried logging off the Administrator account and switching to the
Standard account and shutting down the computer. When Vista starts up,
it starts in the Administrator account again. I'm sure that I am missing
something simple. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you,
Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Boot into Standard user account
Hi Brink

Go to Start and type: control userpasswords2 and press Enter.

In the dialog box, select the Standard Account you want to use.
Remove the check mark from the "Users must enter a user name and password to
use this computer" option.
Press Apply.
A dialog will pop up, enter the password for the Standard User account
twice.
Press OK / OK.

The next time you restart, you should go right to the desktop and be logged
on with the Standard account.

To reverse this, just go back to the same dialog and place a check mark in
the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option
and click Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"brink" <brink.2t2pe0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> This may be simple question, but how do you get Vista to boot into the
> Standard user account instead of the default Administrator account. I
> tried logging off the Administrator account and switching to the
> Standard account and shutting down the computer. When Vista starts up,
> it starts in the Administrator account again. I'm sure that I am missing
> something simple. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
>
> Thank you,
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)

brink

Re: Boot into Standard user account

Ronnie,

Thank you. This worked. I figured it was something simple I was not
doing. I had the check still on "Users must enter password.....".

You can type: "netplwiz" (no quotes) for the same as "control
userpasswords2".

Thank you,
Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Boot into Standard user account
Brink

Your welcome.

Another little niglet with that dialog is that if you don't select the user
account that you want to use, before you remove the check mark from from the
"users must enter...." option, then you cannot select a different user
account, without replacing the check mark first.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"brink" <brink.2t3ot7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ronnie,
>
> Thank you. This worked. I figured it was something simple I was not
> doing. I had the check still on "Users must enter password.....".
>
> You can type: "netplwiz" (no quotes) for the same as "control
> userpasswords2".
>
> Thank you,
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> '_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)

brink

Re: Boot into Standard user account

Ronnie,

HeHe. Yeah I found that out the hard way. (LOL)

Thanks,
Shawn