How do I exit Windows?

Reece

How do I exit Windows?
I have an old game that only runs if I exit windows. How can I exit Windows
from a Vista system?

Thanks.

Reece

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: How do I exit Windows?
Reece

What platform does the game run on? DOS? or?

It sounds like a 'very' old game that may have been intended for Windows 3x?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Reece" <reecebeigh@skynetbb.com> wrote in message
>I have an old game that only runs if I exit windows. How can I exit Windows
>from a Vista system?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Reece

JerryM

Re: How do I exit Windows?
Try installing your game in the Root directory.
Go to the Windows prompt (cmd.exe), Type CD\ to put you there.
Goto the directory you want it in and copy it there,
After it is installed, click Start and type the directory name in the Start
search box.
OR
Create a shortcut to it.

I'm still using the Windows Entertainment Pack from Windows 3.1

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"Reece" <reecebeigh@skynetbb.com> wrote in message
>I have an old game that only runs if I exit windows. How can I exit Windows
>from a Vista system?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Reece

Reece

Re: How do I exit Windows?
Ronnie:

It runs on DOS and I was able to install it on a windows 95 computer. I'm
able to get to the Command Prompt, but the program still won't run. When I
start the program, it says:

"16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe-Novastrm
This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose 'Close' to terminate
the application."

My choices then are either close or ignore, and I've tried both of them.

Any ideas? I figure I should be able to run it if I can find a way to exit
windows into a DOS system, just I dont know how to do that.

Thanks,
Reece

> Reece
>
> What platform does the game run on? DOS? or?
>
> It sounds like a 'very' old game that may have been intended for Windows
> 3x?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Reece" <reecebeigh@skynetbb.com> wrote in message
>>I have an old game that only runs if I exit windows. How can I exit
>>Windows from a Vista system?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Reece

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: How do I exit Windows?
Reece

Sorry, but there are no more DOS bits left in Vista. You might want to check
into using Virtual PC 2007 from Microsoft. This would allow you to install
an actual version of DOS to run the program on, without effecting the Vista
installation. Virtual PC 2007 is free and a copy of DOS 6.22 is available in
many places on the internet.

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

Download details: Virtual PC 2007:

MSDOS 6.22 Free from Microsoft:
Download details: MS-DOS 6.2 Step-up Files:

> Ronnie:
>
> It runs on DOS and I was able to install it on a windows 95 computer. I'm
> able to get to the Command Prompt, but the program still won't run. When I
> start the program, it says:
>
> "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
>
> C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe-Novastrm
> This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose 'Close' to terminate
> the application."
>
> My choices then are either close or ignore, and I've tried both of them.
>
> Any ideas? I figure I should be able to run it if I can find a way to exit
> windows into a DOS system, just I dont know how to do that.
>
> Thanks,
> Reece
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> Reece
>>
>> What platform does the game run on? DOS? or?
>>
>> It sounds like a 'very' old game that may have been intended for Windows
>> 3x?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Reece" <reecebeigh@skynetbb.com> wrote in message
>>>I have an old game that only runs if I exit windows. How can I exit
>>>Windows from a Vista system?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Reece

Nitish

Re: How do I exit Windows?
go to start, then on the lower left on the vista start menu, you shall find
SHUT DOWN.
after you pc has turned off, you can then enjoy your game.
cheers.