Accounts muddle

alandyk

Accounts muddle
My brand new Acer Aspire laptop with Vista Home Premium O/S only ever shows a
guest account. When I try to add a new user acct. or view all accounts it
says 'windows needs permission. Type in admin password.' I can't find the
admin password anywhere and all attempts at even trying to make a password
disk still ask for an admin password. I'm stuck in this loop . Please can
anyone tell me how to solve this problem. As a guest user I don't have acces
to Acer eNET Management or 'Empowering Technology Framework. HELP PLEASE !!!!
--
aland
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Accounts muddle
Aland

Vista has a built-in administrator account for emergencies such as you are
seeing.

Reboot the computer and as soon as it starts to initialize, start tapping
the F8 key continuously until you see a black screen with a menu. Use the
Arrow Keys to select the Safe Mode option and press the ENTER Key.

This will show the administrator account and there is no password associated
with this account.

Log on with this account and go to Control Panel / User Accounts and create
a new account with administrator privileges.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"alandyk" <alannospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> My brand new Acer Aspire laptop with Vista Home Premium O/S only ever
> shows a
> guest account. When I try to add a new user acct. or view all accounts it
> says 'windows needs permission. Type in admin password.' I can't find the
> admin password anywhere and all attempts at even trying to make a password
> disk still ask for an admin password. I'm stuck in this loop . Please can
> anyone tell me how to solve this problem. As a guest user I don't have
> acces
> to Acer eNET Management or 'Empowering Technology Framework. HELP PLEASE
> !!!!
> --
> aland

alandyk

Re: Accounts muddle
Thank you Ronnie Vernon MVP. i will try this asap and let you know the
outcome. Thanks again.
--
aland