New Product Key cannot be validated

Bryce Stevens

New Product Key cannot be validated
I got a 64bit Vista Home Premium OEM version for my new system.

All I have had is problems. Using all certified vista compatiable hardware
I have had blue screen of death errors on installation and been unable to
complete an install. The furthest I have got is 19% expanded at the install
screen.

I have been changing parts (ram) to see if there was anything faulty.
However I upon trying to get a install done I recieved "Your product key
cannot be validated. Review your product key and make sure that you have
entered it correctly". When changing back to the previous hardware build
that I had got to the successful 19% 'expanded' phase of the installation I
get the same error when entering my key.

Is there anything I can do in order to fix my key, or to even get past the
blue screens of death?

Furthermore is there even a contact phone number for these issues? The
installation guide had no such information.

Thank you/
Bryce Stevens

RE: New Product Key cannot be validated
Upon searching through the site I found a phone number. Though it is outside
of hours. Eh will see.

"Bryce Stevens" wrote:

> I got a 64bit Vista Home Premium OEM version for my new system.
>
> All I have had is problems. Using all certified vista compatiable hardware
> I have had blue screen of death errors on installation and been unable to
> complete an install. The furthest I have got is 19% expanded at the install
> screen.
>
> I have been changing parts (ram) to see if there was anything faulty.
> However I upon trying to get a install done I recieved "Your product key
> cannot be validated. Review your product key and make sure that you have
> entered it correctly". When changing back to the previous hardware build
> that I had got to the successful 19% 'expanded' phase of the installation I
> get the same error when entering my key.
>
> Is there anything I can do in order to fix my key, or to even get past the
> blue screens of death?
>
> Furthermore is there even a contact phone number for these issues? The
> installation guide had no such information.
>
> Thank you/

Bryce Stevens

RE: New Product Key cannot be validated
So I tried to do an email support request.

However when it asks for a "product identification number" I do not know
what that is, and when I click on the link to explain what it is, it takes me
to a page that cannot be displayed.

Which number is this?

I wrote in every single one on my genuine sticker and none of those
worked...It has all the genuine packaging, stickers, hologram cd etc...

This is rather frustrating, I would have hoped the website would work.

"Bryce Stevens" wrote:

> I got a 64bit Vista Home Premium OEM version for my new system.
>
> All I have had is problems. Using all certified vista compatiable hardware
> I have had blue screen of death errors on installation and been unable to
> complete an install. The furthest I have got is 19% expanded at the install
> screen.
>
> I have been changing parts (ram) to see if there was anything faulty.
> However I upon trying to get a install done I recieved "Your product key
> cannot be validated. Review your product key and make sure that you have
> entered it correctly". When changing back to the previous hardware build
> that I had got to the successful 19% 'expanded' phase of the installation I
> get the same error when entering my key.
>
> Is there anything I can do in order to fix my key, or to even get past the
> blue screens of death?
>
> Furthermore is there even a contact phone number for these issues? The
> installation guide had no such information.
>
> Thank you/

Bruce Chambers

Bryce Stevens wrote:
> I got a 64bit Vista Home Premium OEM version for my new system.
>
> All I have had is problems. Using all certified vista compatiable hardware
> I have had blue screen of death errors on installation and been unable to
> complete an install. The furthest I have got is 19% expanded at the install
> screen.
>
> I have been changing parts (ram) to see if there was anything faulty.
> However I upon trying to get a install done I recieved "Your product key
> cannot be validated. Review your product key and make sure that you have
> entered it correctly". When changing back to the previous hardware build
> that I had got to the successful 19% 'expanded' phase of the installation I
> get the same error when entering my key.
>
> Is there anything I can do in order to fix my key, or to even get past the
> blue screens of death?
>
> Furthermore is there even a contact phone number for these issues? The
> installation guide had no such information.

Because you have an OEM license, Microsoft cannot help you. You'll
need to contact the vendor (normally the computer manufacturer) who sold
you that OEM license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Bruce Chambers

Bryce Stevens wrote:
> So I tried to do an email support request.
>
> However when it asks for a "product identification number" I do not know
> what that is, and when I click on the link to explain what it is, it takes me
> to a page that cannot be displayed.
>
> Which number is this?

The Product *ID* is created during the installation process and is
prominently displayed on the General Properties tab of the My Computer
icon. It is used to obtain/qualify for technical support (limited
though that may be) from Microsoft.

> I wrote in every single one on my genuine sticker and none of those
> worked...It has all the genuine packaging, stickers, hologram cd etc...

That is the Product *Key*, which is used to "prove" ownership of a
legitimate license and is required to perform the installation, and is
either stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker that says
"Do not lose this number," or is on a label affixed to an OEM computer.

> This is rather frustrating, I would have hoped the website would work.

You haven't specified what web site you're refering to, but I presume
that you mean one of Microsoft's. Microsoft cannot assist you with
problems with an OEM license; you have to contact the vendor (e.g. the
computer manufacturer) who sold you the OEM license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Bryce Stevens

Re: New Product Key cannot be validated
Yes I meant microsofts website, eitherway the site page itself isn't working
properly...since that is a public help page.

Thanks for the info. Annoying the *ID* is generated after instalation, when
it is installation problems. The *KEY* has no use in those circumstances.
But then as you state how OEMs work it is all moot.

Just checked the hardware with another system I have, seems I got some dud
hardware. It'll work out.