Help! Need to re-register on different machine!

falco242

Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
Hi all,
I recently reformatted and sold a laptop I owned that I had put Vista on. I
installed XP on the laptop and reformatted so that my Vista information was
erased. However, now I am trying to register Vista on my new machine and
when I try to, it tells me I need another CD key. Is this because I had it
registered to another machine a few days ago? And if so, how do I delete that
registration and register it onto my new computer?? Please help, and thanks!!
Mike Brannigan

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!

"falco242" <falco242@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I recently reformatted and sold a laptop I owned that I had put Vista on.
> installed XP on the laptop and reformatted so that my Vista information
> was
> erased. However, now I am trying to register Vista on my new machine and
> when I try to, it tells me I need another CD key. Is this because I had
> it
> registered to another machine a few days ago? And if so, how do I delete
> that
> registration and register it onto my new computer?? Please help, and
> thanks!!

Just activate by phone - go through the automated process and it will fail
again - stay on the line and a person will give you the activation
information you need.
The number to call is give to you by the activation wizard.
(This is just the same as XP was)
--

Mike Brannigan

falco242

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
Awesome! Thanks Mike, I really appreciate the help!

"Mike Brannigan" wrote:

> "falco242" <falco242@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I recently reformatted and sold a laptop I owned that I had put Vista on.
> > installed XP on the laptop and reformatted so that my Vista information
> > was
> > erased. However, now I am trying to register Vista on my new machine and
> > when I try to, it tells me I need another CD key. Is this because I had
> > it
> > registered to another machine a few days ago? And if so, how do I delete
> > that
> > registration and register it onto my new computer?? Please help, and
> > thanks!!

> Just activate by phone - go through the automated process and it will fail
> again - stay on the line and a person will give you the activation
> information you need.
> The number to call is give to you by the activation wizard.
> (This is just the same as XP was)
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

Mac

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
Do people still say Awesome for trivial information?

> Awesome! Thanks Mike, I really appreciate the help!
>
> "Mike Brannigan" wrote:
>

>> "falco242" <falco242@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> > I recently reformatted and sold a laptop I owned that I had put Vista
>> > on.
>> > installed XP on the laptop and reformatted so that my Vista information
>> > was
>> > erased. However, now I am trying to register Vista on my new machine
>> > and
>> > when I try to, it tells me I need another CD key. Is this because I
>> > had
>> > it
>> > registered to another machine a few days ago? And if so, how do I
>> > delete
>> > that
>> > registration and register it onto my new computer?? Please help, and
>> > thanks!!

>> Just activate by phone - go through the automated process and it will
>> fail
>> again - stay on the line and a person will give you the activation
>> information you need.
>> The number to call is give to you by the activation wizard.
>> (This is just the same as XP was)
>> --
>>
>> Mike Brannigan

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
What is trivial for some may not be so trivial for others.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Do people still say Awesome for trivial information?

Vista_Support

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
Yeah ok, but I wouldn't expect JJ to cry Awesome...

> What is trivial for some may not be so trivial for others.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Do people still say Awesome for trivial information?

falco242

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
My use of the word awesome explains that the fix to my problem is easier than
expected. Your use of sarcasam to mock someone on a Vista forum may make you
feel better about yourself. However, because I am simply happy about
receiving help in a hasty manner for a problem I was unaware on how to fix
keeps me jovial and content. So yes, the help was AWESOME.

"Vista_Support" wrote:

> Yeah ok, but I wouldn't expect JJ to cry Awesome...
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> > What is trivial for some may not be so trivial for others.
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> > http://www.dts-l.org
> >

> > "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Do people still say Awesome for trivial information?

falco242

Re: Help! Need to re-register on different machine!
; )