Windows Vista Ultimate

fredia

Windows Vista Ultimate
My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on this
computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to change me
as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is queenebony30@yahoo.com. How
can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.
Mac

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
This might help - www.password-changer.com - there are other similar tools -
just google for admin password.

"fredia" <fredia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on
> this
> computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to change
> me
> as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is queenebony30@yahoo.com.
> How
> can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.

fredia

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
will this help me find his password or to help me change it on this computer.

"Mac" wrote:

> This might help - www.password-changer.com - there are other similar tools -
> just google for admin password.
>
> "fredia" <fredia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on
> > this
> > computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to change
> > me
> > as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is queenebony30@yahoo.com.
> > How
> > can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.

Mac

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
Yes, it should, but before you spend money on such a tool you should check
out the others that are available (I'm not sure which is best)... read
this...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...tvistapass.htm

> will this help me find his password or to help me change it on this
> computer.
>
> "Mac" wrote:
>
>> This might help - www.password-changer.com - there are other similar
>> tools -
>> just google for admin password.
>>
>> "fredia" <fredia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on
>> > this
>> > computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to
>> > change
>> > me
>> > as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is
>> > queenebony30@yahoo.com.
>> > How
>> > can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.

Mac

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
Also there is a good reason why such tools are not free.. ie you wouldn't
want every schoolboy hacker running around with such tools...

"Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it should, but before you spend money on such a tool you should check
> out the others that are available (I'm not sure which is best)... read
> this...
>
> http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...tvistapass.htm
>
> "fredia" <fredia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> will this help me find his password or to help me change it on this
>> computer.
>>
>> "Mac" wrote:
>>
>>> This might help - www.password-changer.com - there are other similar
>>> tools -
>>> just google for admin password.

Kevin Hicks

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate
If all of these suggestions that Mac is giving you fail, then simply run a
clean installation of Windows. Note that this will wipe out everything you
have on the machine.

And I'm sorry about your boyfriend.

"fredia" wrote:

> My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on this
> computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to change me
> as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is queenebony30@yahoo.com. How
> can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.

queenebony30

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate
Hi Kevin
I haven't done that yet, but I don't have the program to run it.

"Kevin Hicks" wrote:

> If all of these suggestions that Mac is giving you fail, then simply run a
> clean installation of Windows. Note that this will wipe out everything you
> have on the machine.
>
> And I'm sorry about your boyfriend.
>
> "fredia" wrote:
>
> > My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago and he install Windows Vista Ulitmate on this
> > computer as the administrator. I cannot get any help in trying to change me
> > as the adminstrator on this computer. My email is queenebony30@yahoo.com. How
> > can get help to change this. I cannot install anything.

Kevin Hicks

RE: Windows Vista Ultimate
You don't need a program to do it. Every computer (except if you buy it from
eBay or something) comes with a Windows reinstallation disc. It should say
the version on the front of it. Simply shut down the computer and boot from
the CD. On most computers now, you push F12 at the startup screen where it
says 'Dell' to boot from a device.