deleting user accounts

bluesocks

deleting user accounts
Hi,
i had extra accounts on my laptop which i removed using the user account
page in the control panel. however they still appear in my user folder. i try
to delte the files but the wont, either saying they are in use or that i dont
have permission. does anyone know how to remove them?
Christopher Norris

Re: deleting user accounts
Are you an administrator account? If you are not Windows will not allow you
to remove folders of other users.

"bluesocks" <bluesocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i had extra accounts on my laptop which i removed using the user account
> page in the control panel. however they still appear in my user folder. i
> try
> to delte the files but the wont, either saying they are in use or that i
> dont
> have permission. does anyone know how to remove them?

bluesocks

Re: deleting user accounts
yes, i am the only administrator account, and only other account

"Christopher Norris" wrote:

> Are you an administrator account? If you are not Windows will not allow you
> to remove folders of other users.
>
> "bluesocks" <bluesocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > i had extra accounts on my laptop which i removed using the user account
> > page in the control panel. however they still appear in my user folder. i
> > try
> > to delte the files but the wont, either saying they are in use or that i
> > dont
> > have permission. does anyone know how to remove them?

Kevin Hicks

RE: deleting user accounts
Try taking ownership of the folder(s), give yourself full access to them, and
delete them.

Fun Fact!: Pressing the Shift key while selecting to delete the file will
make it bypass the recycle bin and erase it from your machine alltogether.

"bluesocks" wrote:

> Hi,
> i had extra accounts on my laptop which i removed using the user account
> page in the control panel. however they still appear in my user folder. i try
> to delte the files but the wont, either saying they are in use or that i dont
> have permission. does anyone know how to remove them?

brink

Re: deleting user accounts

Here's a link for how to take ownership of an item.

'http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html?ltr=T'
(http://tinyurl.com/396hb4)

Hope this helps,
Shawn