Exchange tools and vista

=?Utf-8?B?Qmxha2U=?=

Exchange tools and vista
I am trying it install Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools on vista.
I get the error -- The componet "Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools"
cannot be assigned the action "Install because:

The IIS Snap-In" componet of the Microsoft IIS is either not installed of
disabled.

I have the IIS Snap in installed.

Please Help

Thanks

Richard G. Harper

Re: Exchange tools and vista
I don't believe the Exchange toolset is Vista compatible yet, the nice folks
in one of the Exchange newsgroups could probably confirm or deny that - or
help you install it if it's possible. :-)

"Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying it install Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools on vista.
> I get the error -- The componet "Microsoft Exchange System Management
> Tools"
> cannot be assigned the action "Install because:
>
> The IIS Snap-In" componet of the Microsoft IIS is either not installed of
> disabled.
>
> I have the IIS Snap in installed.
>
> Please Help
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Qmxha2U=?=

Re: Exchange tools and vista
Thanks

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> I don't believe the Exchange toolset is Vista compatible yet, the nice folks
> in one of the Exchange newsgroups could probably confirm or deny that - or
> help you install it if it's possible. :-)

> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying it install Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools on vista.
> > I get the error -- The componet "Microsoft Exchange System Management
> > Tools"
> > cannot be assigned the action "Install because:
> >
> > The IIS Snap-In" componet of the Microsoft IIS is either not installed of
> > disabled.
> >
> > I have the IIS Snap in installed.
> >
> > Please Help
> >
> > Thanks

jmark_83

Re: Exchange tools and vista

Hello,

Im facing the same problem.... i was just wondering whether any patch
or update is available now for vista - exchange 2003?? thanks..

--
jmark_83
ctrldkaos

Re: Exchange tools and vista

I wrote a fix for this a while back. I know this thread is old but It
may help others with the same issue.

From what I've found this issue has yet to be addressed and resolved.
I've finally come up with a fix for getting exchange tools to work in
Vista with Outlook installed in both MMC and stand alone ESM. Here are
the steps.

The Caveat: You cannot install ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI with MS outlook
installed and you cant install ESMVista with out ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI
installed. Here is the work around to get things up and running.

*1) Go into Control Panel
2) Select Programs and Features
3) Select MS Office and click the "Change" Button located at the top
right.
4) Choose add or remove features and click next.
5) Click the drop down menu next to Outlook and choose "Not Availible"
6) Once Outlook has been removed install ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI
7) After Exchange Mapi Cdo is intalled, install ESMVISTA.MSI
8) The Exchange manager is now installed.
10) Select Programs and Features
11) Select MS Office and click the "Change" Button located at the top
right.
12) Choose add or remove features and click next.
13) Click the drop down menu next to Outlook and choose "Run From My
Computer"
and click next.
14) Once this process is complete you can have your cake and eat it
too.*

I have tested all functions of ESMVista and I was able to do everything
an exchange admin needs to do their job, Enjoy!

ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI is located here:
'http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&displaylang=en'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

ESMVista.MSI is located here:
'http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3403d74e-8942-421b-8738-b3664559e46f&DisplayLang=en'
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

Additional Notes:

You may need to register the following DLLs to make this work aswell.
Just throw them in a text file and rename the file extension to .bat and
the batch file will register them for you.

regsvr32 /s adprop.dll
regsvr32 /s azroles.dll
regsvr32 /s azroleui.dll
regsvr32 /s ccfg95.dll
regsvr32 /s certadm.dll
regsvr32 /s certmmc.dll
regsvr32 /s certpdef.dll
regsvr32 /s certtmpl.dll
regsvr32 /s certxds.dll
regsvr32 /s cladmwiz.dll
regsvr32 /s clcfgsrv.dll
regsvr32 /s clnetrex.dll
regsvr32 /s cluadmex.dll
regsvr32 /s cluadmmc.dll
regsvr32 /s cmproxy.dll
regsvr32 /s cmroute.dll
regsvr32 /s cmutoa.dll
regsvr32 /s cnet16.dll
regsvr32 /s debugex.dll
regsvr32 /s dfscore.dll
regsvr32 /s dfsgui.dll
regsvr32 /s dhcpsnap.dll
regsvr32 /s dnsmgr.dll
regsvr32 /s domadmin.dll
regsvr32 /s dsadmin.dll
regsvr32 /s dsuiwiz.dll
regsvr32 /s imadmui.dll
regsvr32 /s lrwizdll.dll
regsvr32 /s mprsnap.dll
regsvr32 /s msclus.dll
regsvr32 /s mstsmhst.dll
regsvr32 /s mstsmmc.dll
regsvr32 /s nntpadm.dll
regsvr32 /s nntpapi.dll
regsvr32 /s nntpsnap.dll
regsvr32 /s ntdsbsrv.dll
regsvr32 /s ntfrsapi.dll
regsvr32 /s rasuser.dll
regsvr32 /s rigpsnap.dll
regsvr32 /s rsadmin.dll
regsvr32 /s rscommon.dll
regsvr32 /s rsconn.dll
regsvr32 /s rsengps.dll
regsvr32 /s rsjob.dll
regsvr32 /s rsservps.dll
regsvr32 /s rsshell.dll
regsvr32 /s rssubps.dll
regsvr32 /s rtrfiltr.dll
regsvr32 /s schmmgmt.dll
regsvr32 /s tapisnap.dll
regsvr32 /s tsuserex.dll
regsvr32 /s uddi.mmc.dll
regsvr32 /s vsstskex.dll
regsvr32 /s w95inf16.dll
regsvr32 /s w95inf32.dll
regsvr32 /s winsevnt.dll
regsvr32 /s winsmon.dll
regsvr32 /s winsrpc.dll
regsvr32 /s winssnap.dll
regsvr32 /s ws03res.dll

*UPDATE Feb/09/2009:*

I ran in to an issue where I couldn't get message tracking to work. In
order to get message tracking working I had to make an exception in the
windows firewall to allow WMI traffic in and out. You can do this via
Group Policy by adding the predefinded WMI exception rules in Windows
Firewall with Advanced Security.

(Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Windows Firewall With
Advanced Security/Inbound Rules)

1) Right Click "Inbound Rules" and select "New Rule".
2) Click the "Predefined" Radial box and from the drop down menu select
"Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)" and click next.
3) The rules list will be populated with the exceptions, click next and
finish out the wizard.
4) Once you've added the rules, do a GPUPDATE /FORCE to apply the
settings you just made.

You can also make the exception locally by doing the following:

1) Go to the control pannel and select "Windows Firewall".
2) Click the "Change Settings" link in the middle of the window.
3) Click the "Exceptions Tab" and scroll down to "Windows Management
Instrumentation (WMI)".
4) Check the check box next to "Windows Management Instrumentation
(WMI)" and click OK.

The Exception is now in place and you can use the message tracking
function with in the ESM.

*//SIGNED//*
*Thomas Verroco*
*InDyne Inc. - Network Architecture & Systems Admin*

--
ctrldkaos