> Hey all,
> I need to run programs as administrator(yes im logged on as administrator)
> but the option to run them as administrator under the compatibility tab is
> grayed out! Iv tried selecting the one under the Shortcut tab but this doest
> work. I need to be able to select the one under compatibility!
> Can someone please tell me how to do this.
> PS: I cant use scheduled Tasks for this because i run a script that starts
> itself with programs and i need the program itself to not be running before
> the script. So i need this to work!(yes iv tried making the script run as
> administrato). So please help me!!
Try this and see if it works:
- Click start
- Type: regedit
- Press enter
- In the left, browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
- Make sure the layers folder is selected
- In the right, right-click a blank white area, click new, click string
- For the name of the value, type in the full path to the .exe file.
(e.g., c:\program files\myfile.exe)
- Double-click the item you just created
- For the value data, type: RUNASADMIN
- Click OK
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
Windows Vista Support FAQ - http://www.jimmah.com/vista/