DVD drive Play... option

Daniel palacio

DVD drive Play... option
I recently uninstalled a DVD playback software, after when trying to play a
DVD it sent me an application not found, even though I changed the file
association to another program in AutoPlay setting in the Control Panel.
I then went to regedit and searched for strings that matched the uninstalled
programed I found that one KEY called like DVD had a Play directory and
called the program, I edited it to call wmplayer and it kind of worked,
although I couldnt figure how to pass the first argument to it, I tried
deleting the key thinking windows might rewrite it, but it didnt work, and
now the Play option when I insert a DVD is gone.
Can anyone paste me there key here and the place to create it so DVD are
played with wmplayer.exe

Daniel palacio

RE: DVD drive Play... option
OK I finally got the answer for this questions copying the AudioCD registry
key:
Under HD_CLASS_ROOT I created a Key Called DVD
It has several sub folders:
Shell-Play-command
In there I put the default as REG_SZ and added the value
"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:3
/deviceVD "%L"

Now the only problem is Ill have to do this manually from now on, anyone
knows how can I do this using windows tools ?