Windows vista activation

dahishe

Windows vista activation
Hi guys,
I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do I
need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can give
an advice over there...thanks.
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Windows vista activation
Hello,

fortunately, I haven't had such a problem, but is activation a difficulty or
problem for you?
I don't know another solution, but activating again seems to be the easiest
one.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"dahishe" <dahishe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi guys,
> I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
> explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
> point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
> system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do
> need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can
> give
> an advice over there...thanks.

Christopher Norris

Re: Windows vista activation
Well Activation is very easy, since you have restored to before activation
was made, then just re-active it takes just a moment to re-active and also
if you must call Microsoft, they are very understanding.

Good Luck

-Christopher

"dahishe" <dahishe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
> explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
> point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
> system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do
> need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can
> give
> an advice over there...thanks.

Drakkin

Re: Windows vista activation
Very understanding...if you consider that you are limited to 3 Activations.
Whereas before you could activate as often as you like, as a hardcore
computer geek i am constantly changing HDD and Video and Sound Cards and the
like. So from the get go I totally understood that they have the family
Jewels in the Microsoft Vise. After investing 259.00 dollars for ultimate
upgrade...(and was forced to perform a new install) I was hopeful that this
was a "little" more bullet proof. I guess I was wrong. with minor irritations
that comes with new Operating System it was working fairly well. Alas from my
reading it appears that the Nvidia Video Cards (dual) and nortons have a
fundumental flaw...I was happly playing and then I get a notice from norton
indicating that there is a problem with Norton Internet Security, and I have
to uninstall the reinstall to fix this issue. Ok Fine, did so..and got my
security back up.then out of the blue...a little popup from our buddy
Microsoft, accuses me of changing my Hardware and that i have to acitvate
again, BECAUSE OF A SOFTWARE CHANGE, I dont think so...Understanding..not...I
was told that I would have to activate again..which failed, talked to a rep.
and explained my situation and was provided with another Id..and then i was
told that this would count against my 3 activations...now I am upset...Come
on Microsoft..play by your own rules you state hareware changes not software,
I asked to have this escalated to a supervisor and I was told they would tell
them, and hung up...not good microsoft...Perhaps instead of outsourcing to
INDIA, I would like some response ...this is totally unacceptable.

"Christopher Norris" wrote:

> Well Activation is very easy, since you have restored to before activation
> was made, then just re-active it takes just a moment to re-active and also
> if you must call Microsoft, they are very understanding.
>
> Good Luck
>
> -Christopher
>
> "dahishe" <dahishe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys,
> > I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
> > explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
> > point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
> > system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do
> > need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can
> > give
> > an advice over there...thanks.

kcmh709

"Drakkin" wrote:

> Very understanding...if you consider that you are limited to 3 Activations.
> Whereas before you could activate as often as you like, as a hardcore
> computer geek i am constantly changing HDD and Video and Sound Cards and the
> like. So from the get go I totally understood that they have the family
> Jewels in the Microsoft Vise. After investing 259.00 dollars for ultimate
> upgrade...(and was forced to perform a new install) I was hopeful that this
> was a "little" more bullet proof. I guess I was wrong. with minor irritations
> that comes with new Operating System it was working fairly well. Alas from my
> reading it appears that the Nvidia Video Cards (dual) and nortons have a
> fundumental flaw...I was happly playing and then I get a notice from norton
> indicating that there is a problem with Norton Internet Security, and I have
> to uninstall the reinstall to fix this issue. Ok Fine, did so..and got my
> security back up.then out of the blue...a little popup from our buddy
> Microsoft, accuses me of changing my Hardware and that i have to acitvate
> again, BECAUSE OF A SOFTWARE CHANGE, I dont think so...Understanding..not...I
> was told that I would have to activate again..which failed, talked to a rep.
> and explained my situation and was provided with another Id..and then i was
> told that this would count against my 3 activations...now I am upset...Come
> on Microsoft..play by your own rules you state hareware changes not software,
> I asked to have this escalated to a supervisor and I was told they would tell
> them, and hung up...not good microsoft...Perhaps instead of outsourcing to
> INDIA, I would like some response ...this is totally unacceptable.
>
> "Christopher Norris" wrote:
>
> > Well Activation is very easy, since you have restored to before activation
> > was made, then just re-active it takes just a moment to re-active and also
> > if you must call Microsoft, they are very understanding.
> >
> > Good Luck
> >
> > -Christopher
> >
> > "dahishe" <dahishe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi guys,
> > > I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
> > > explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
> > > point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
> > > system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do
> > > need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can
> > > give
> > > an advice over there...thanks.

kcmh709

"Drakkin" wrote:

> Very understanding...if you consider that you are limited to 3 Activations.
> Whereas before you could activate as often as you like, as a hardcore
> computer geek i am constantly changing HDD and Video and Sound Cards and the
> like. So from the get go I totally understood that they have the family
> Jewels in the Microsoft Vise. After investing 259.00 dollars for ultimate
> upgrade...(and was forced to perform a new install) I was hopeful that this
> was a "little" more bullet proof. I guess I was wrong. with minor irritations
> that comes with new Operating System it was working fairly well. Alas from my
> reading it appears that the Nvidia Video Cards (dual) and nortons have a
> fundumental flaw...I was happly playing and then I get a notice from norton
> indicating that there is a problem with Norton Internet Security, and I have
> to uninstall the reinstall to fix this issue. Ok Fine, did so..and got my
> security back up.then out of the blue...a little popup from our buddy
> Microsoft, accuses me of changing my Hardware and that i have to acitvate
> again, BECAUSE OF A SOFTWARE CHANGE, I dont think so...Understanding..not...I
> was told that I would have to activate again..which failed, talked to a rep.
> and explained my situation and was provided with another Id..and then i was
> told that this would count against my 3 activations...now I am upset...Come
> on Microsoft..play by your own rules you state hareware changes not software,
> I asked to have this escalated to a supervisor and I was told they would tell
> them, and hung up...not good microsoft...Perhaps instead of outsourcing to
> INDIA, I would like some response ...this is totally unacceptable.
>
> "Christopher Norris" wrote:
>
> > Well Activation is very easy, since you have restored to before activation
> > was made, then just re-active it takes just a moment to re-active and also
> > if you must call Microsoft, they are very understanding.
> >
> > Good Luck
> >
> > -Christopher
> >
> > "dahishe" <dahishe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi guys,
> > > I purchases Compaq laptop with Windows vista has had an error in
> > > explorer.exe, i run system restore and all is well. However, the restore
> > > point I choose wa a day before I activated my Windows software. Now the
> > > system gave a warning that my software requres activation. Am shocked. Do
> > > need to contact the microsoft again for activation? I hope someone can
> > > give
> > > an advice over there...thank

Wow, I'm not very techy but I love to play around with pc stuff. I know just
enough to be dangerous and not nearly enough to know what I'm doing. That
said, I bought a cheapo lapop, cheapo price super cheapo quality, came with
vista basic, worthless I think, so I bought the premium upgrade. Installed,
activated,m crashed. re-installed, re-activated, crash II. NOW I can't access
my digital locker, upgrade is there but won't download, and now I'm getting
"be sure to activate soon" messages. I'v emailed microsoft about a million
times, lovely auto-generated replies keep coming...but no help, no real live
person, the phone activation dummies keep telling me to reboot and all will
be well, and promptly hang up. I can't get a straight answer, I try to
explain what is going on, but like I said I'm technically challenged -and
don't know alot of the jargon- so I am lost. To tell you the truth I think
phone suedo-techs are more challenged than me. At least I know why they all
have a varying degrees of unitelligeable accent, "could you repeat that?
what?"
India huh?