system administrator

payno0171

system administrator
Im trying to use my new sandisk U3 smart drive on my new computer with Vista
but I have to update the software first. When I click on Install Launchpad it
says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You do not
appear to have administrator rights at this time." I am signed in to this
computer as "administrator". I have encountered this problem at other times
also. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?
Michael Walraven

Re: system administrator
Can you right click, then 'run as administrator'?

Michael

"payno0171" <payno0171@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to use my new sandisk U3 smart drive on my new computer with
> Vista
> but I have to update the software first. When I click on Install Launchpad
> it
> says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You do
> not
> appear to have administrator rights at this time." I am signed in to this
> computer as "administrator". I have encountered this problem at other
> times
> also. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?

payno0171

Re: system administrator
No, I tried that and it wouldn't work.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Can you right click, then 'run as administrator'?
>
> Michael
>

> "payno0171" <payno0171@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im trying to use my new sandisk U3 smart drive on my new computer with
> > Vista
> > but I have to update the software first. When I click on Install Launchpad
> > it
> > says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You do
> > not
> > appear to have administrator rights at this time." I am signed in to this
> > computer as "administrator". I have encountered this problem at other
> > times
> > also. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?

Michael Walraven

Re: system administrator
Disabling portions of Vista security will prevent some programs from
installing.

> No, I tried that and it wouldn't work.
>
> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
>> Can you right click, then 'run as administrator'?
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "payno0171" <payno0171@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Im trying to use my new sandisk U3 smart drive on my new computer with
>> > Vista
>> > but I have to update the software first. When I click on Install
>> > Launchpad
>> > it
>> > says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You
>> > do
>> > not
>> > appear to have administrator rights at this time." I am signed in to
>> > this
>> > computer as "administrator". I have encountered this problem at other
>> > times
>> > also. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?

BillD

RE: system administrator

"payno0171" wrote:

>When I click on Install Launchpad it
> says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You do not
> appear to have administrator rights at this time."

you're an idiot, because you disabled the User Account Control, the main
part of Vista
Francois PIETTE

Re: system administrator
> Im trying to use my new sandisk U3 smart drive on my new computer with
> Vista
> but I have to update the software first. When I click on Install Launchpad
> it
> says "You must have administrator rights to run this application. You do
> not
> appear to have administrator rights at this time." I am signed in to this
> computer as "administrator". I have encountered this problem at other
> times
> also. What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this?

Strange because you shouldn't be able to log onto a Vista system using the
administrator account. This is only allowed in some rare cases.

You should open a session using any usercode which has administror rights.
Vista will then accept to run the setup program. Maybe asking you first,
depending if you have UAC enabled or not.

--
Francois PIETTE
http://www.overbyte.be