new email address

giddne

new email address
New ISP = new email address. Changed email address in profile and received
verification email from MS at the new address. Clicked on link which took me
to login. Screen defaulted to old address - I changed it to new address and
could not login. So...must login with old email address, yet my profile
shows new email address.

How do I get it to recognize new email address as login.
Dustin Harper

Re: new email address
In Windows Mail, go to Tools | Accounts | select your account, go to
Properties. Then to the Servers tab. In there you can change the server log
in name, which should be your new email address/log in name.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"giddne" <giddne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New ISP = new email address. Changed email address in profile and
> received
> verification email from MS at the new address. Clicked on link which took
> me
> to login. Screen defaulted to old address - I changed it to new address
> and
> could not login. So...must login with old email address, yet my profile
> shows new email address.
>
> How do I get it to recognize new email address as login.

giddne

Re: new email address
As I read my post, I really wasn't clear enough in my description. I was
referring to logging into this website not my mail account. I changed my
email in my profile, received verification etc. but must use my old email
address to login. How do I change my login email for these forums?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> In Windows Mail, go to Tools | Accounts | select your account, go to
> Properties. Then to the Servers tab. In there you can change the server log
> in name, which should be your new email address/log in name.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "giddne" <giddne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New ISP = new email address. Changed email address in profile and
> > received
> > verification email from MS at the new address. Clicked on link which took
> > me
> > to login. Screen defaulted to old address - I changed it to new address
> > and
> > could not login. So...must login with old email address, yet my profile
> > shows new email address.
> >
> > How do I get it to recognize new email address as login.

Dustin Harper

Re: new email address
Ah. Gotcha. The email address in your profile is only for the display on
these communities.

To change your passport/live address, you can go to
https://account.live.com/ and sign in with your old email address. You can
change your email address, login address, etc. for your global account with
Microsoft. This does affect it everywhere, not just the communities. That
will allow you to login with your new email address.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"giddne" <giddne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF3E4A78-2D99-4D2C-B269-2A271A1B5167@microsoft.com...
> As I read my post, I really wasn't clear enough in my description. I was
> referring to logging into this website not my mail account. I changed my
> email in my profile, received verification etc. but must use my old email
> address to login. How do I change my login email for these forums?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> In Windows Mail, go to Tools | Accounts | select your account, go to
>> Properties. Then to the Servers tab. In there you can change the server
>> log
>> in name, which should be your new email address/log in name.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "giddne" <giddne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > New ISP = new email address. Changed email address in profile and
>> > received
>> > verification email from MS at the new address. Clicked on link which
>> > took
>> > me
>> > to login. Screen defaulted to old address - I changed it to new
>> > address
>> > and
>> > could not login. So...must login with old email address, yet my
>> > profile
>> > shows new email address.
>> >
>> > How do I get it to recognize new email address as login.

Gordon

RE: new email address
I have a problem, as follows:-
I need to "ADD" an additional e-mail eddress to an existing account i.e.
info@name of account.co.uk
Unfortunately everytime I add the account and use the server providor logon
name and passwords of both the internet service provider incominmg and
outgoing mail I end up being repeatedly asked to verify logon and apssword.
It doesn't matter which way around I add the data I'm still blocked, also I
end up with my existing e-mail account blocked and my MSN blocked.
can you help??
--
Gordon.Bonanaza

"giddne" wrote:

> New ISP = new email address. Changed email address in profile and received
> verification email from MS at the new address. Clicked on link which took me
> to login. Screen defaulted to old address - I changed it to new address and
> could not login. So...must login with old email address, yet my profile
> shows new email address.
>
> How do I get it to recognize new email address as login.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: new email address
Gordon

Have you already registered this new email account and password with your
email provider?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP