download shows up on other account?

nerveless

download shows up on other account?
hi, i just got windows vista and am totally confused. i have my own profile
with a password, and my mom and dad each has a profile too. but the thing is,
whenever i download something, it shows up on my desktop and my parent's
desktop. like... i downloaded firefox for my own profile, but it ended up
being in my mom and dad's account. is there any way to have my account the
way I'm trying to set it up without it being on my mom and dad's?

i also uninstalled firefox, then installed it again and saved it into
[mynamehere] documents... but it still showed up on my parent's desktop.

i tried to renamed my desktop items too, and those renamed items showed up
on my parent's account. help!!
P. Di Stolfo

Re: download shows up on other account?
Hello,

so the files are download to
C:\Users\YourParents\Desktop
and to
C:\Users\You\Desktop?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"nerveless" <nerveless@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> hi, i just got windows vista and am totally confused. i have my own
> profile
> with a password, and my mom and dad each has a profile too. but the thing
> is,
> whenever i download something, it shows up on my desktop and my parent's
> desktop. like... i downloaded firefox for my own profile, but it ended up
> being in my mom and dad's account. is there any way to have my account the
> way I'm trying to set it up without it being on my mom and dad's?
>
> i also uninstalled firefox, then installed it again and saved it into
> [mynamehere] documents... but it still showed up on my parent's desktop.
>
> i tried to renamed my desktop items too, and those renamed items showed up
> on my parent's account. help!!

nerveless

Re: download shows up on other account?

yes