Passwords aren't saved

Jean DENOEL

Passwords aren't saved
Hi,
Under Vista, none of my passwords (except my user account password) are kept
from one session to the next.
Even with Outlook, I have to retype my passwords every time to access my
accounts (even though I marked the box to keep my passwords).
Is there a place somewhere in Vista where I should notify to keep all these
passwords?
Thank you
David Dickinson

Re: Passwords aren't saved
"Jean DENOEL" <JeanDENOEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Under Vista, none of my passwords (except my user account password) are
> kept
> from one session to the next.
> Even with Outlook, I have to retype my passwords every time to access my
> accounts (even though I marked the box to keep my passwords).
> Is there a place somewhere in Vista where I should notify to keep all
> these
> passwords?
> Thank you

The problem with Outlook XP and earlier will not be fixed. You'll have to
live with it -- or never close Outlook. (I can't remember where I read that,
but I researched the same problem).

With what other passwords are you having problems?

--
David ****inson
eveningstar at die-spammer-die dash mvps dot org

Jean DENOEL

Re: Passwords aren't saved
Hi David,
Thanks for trying to help me.
I, indeed have Outlook 2002XP but never had this problem with Windows XP.
And all those other passwords or 'supposed' saved answers for web mail login
and passwords, or texts typed in différent fields are never saved.

"David ****inson" wrote:

> "Jean DENOEL" <JeanDENOEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Under Vista, none of my passwords (except my user account password) are
> > kept
> > from one session to the next.
> > Even with Outlook, I have to retype my passwords every time to access my
> > accounts (even though I marked the box to keep my passwords).
> > Is there a place somewhere in Vista where I should notify to keep all
> > these
> > passwords?
> > Thank you

> The problem with Outlook XP and earlier will not be fixed. You'll have to
> live with it -- or never close Outlook. (I can't remember where I read that,
> but I researched the same problem).
>
> With what other passwords are you having problems?
>
> --
> David ****inson
> eveningstar at die-spammer-die dash mvps dot org
> Please reply only to the newsgroup, not by email.

BrianS

Re: Passwords aren't saved
I'm having this same problem in Outlook XP. Driving me nuts, as I have
multiple email addresses managed in Outlook. Are you serious that it's a bug
they don't plan to fix? Ridiculous. I thought Vista was supposed to improve
my productivity.
Jean DENOEL

Re: Passwords aren't saved
I didn't know about this problem with Outlook XP before I started to use the
released version of Vista. Previously, with Windows XP I didn't face this
problem with Outlook XP. And, what's very curious, I didn't face this problem
with the Beta version of Vista which ended May 31st. !!!
On my opinion, Windows Vista wasn't ready to be released yet. There's much
much to improve.
Having bought it (quite expensive, by the way!!!) I haven't managed to give
up trying toinstall and to use it though. But I will probably return to XP in
a near future ...
Good luck to you, Brian ;o)