How to display all user accounts on desktop?

VistaUser123

How to display all user accounts on desktop?
Hi,
How can I display all user accounts on Vista Desktop?
So that I can log on any user by double click on it.

Thanks
Patrick Dickey

Re: How to display all user accounts on desktop?

"VistaUser123" <sunmapleleaf303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How can I display all user accounts on Vista Desktop?
> So that I can log on any user by double click on it.
>
> Thanks

Someone else may have a better answer than I do for this, but IMHO it's
impossible. If you want to switch users, you need to click on the right
arrow next to the Shut Down option in the Start Menu, and select Log Off (or
Switch Users, if that's available). Then you should have the option of
logging off, or switching users.

The idea of having a link on the desktop that allows you to switch users at
will, totally defeats the concepts of security, and also defeats the
purposes of having User Accounts anyhow.

As I mentioned, someone may have a way of doing it, or a better answer for
you.

Have a nice day :-)
Patrick.
--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.

VistaUser123

Re: How to display all user accounts on desktop?
Thanks Patrick.

In my first Vista machine, the all user accounts appeared automatically on
the log on screen. Instead of displaying screen savers, they display all user
account names with pictures. I still see some of my testing machines do that.
I just don't know how to make the other machines do that too.

"Patrick ****ey" wrote:

> "VistaUser123" <sunmapleleaf303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > How can I display all user accounts on Vista Desktop?
> > So that I can log on any user by double click on it.
> >
> > Thanks

> Someone else may have a better answer than I do for this, but IMHO it's
> impossible. If you want to switch users, you need to click on the right
> arrow next to the Shut Down option in the Start Menu, and select Log Off (or
> Switch Users, if that's available). Then you should have the option of
> logging off, or switching users.
>
> The idea of having a link on the desktop that allows you to switch users at
> will, totally defeats the concepts of security, and also defeats the
> purposes of having User Accounts anyhow.
>
> As I mentioned, someone may have a way of doing it, or a better answer for
> you.
>
> Have a nice day :-)
> Patrick.
> --
> Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.

JoeT

Re: How to display all user accounts on desktop?
OK you're top posting so I'll do tit also to keep the format you're using
intact. The logon screen is not the same as the desktop. You are confusing
two different thing so it's a bit difficult to determine what you're wanting
to do. It sounds like you want the screen saver to return to the logon
screen on resume? If that's the case you simply check the "return to logon
screen on resume" checkbox in the screen saver setup options.

Or if you're talking about seeing the screen saver when the machine is
already at the logon screen all you have to do is wiggle the mouse or touch
a key on the keyboard and your normal user logon screen should pop right up
as usual. If you don't want the screensaver on the logon screen ever I think
you may have to simply disable the screensaver. I don't think there's a
separate setup option for the two conditions. Anyone?

> Thanks Patrick.
>
> In my first Vista machine, the all user accounts appeared automatically on
> the log on screen. Instead of displaying screen savers, they display all
> user
> account names with pictures. I still see some of my testing machines do
> that.
> I just don't know how to make the other machines do that too.
>
> "Patrick ****ey" wrote:
>

>> "VistaUser123" <sunmapleleaf303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > How can I display all user accounts on Vista Desktop?
>> > So that I can log on any user by double click on it.
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> Someone else may have a better answer than I do for this, but IMHO it's
>> impossible. If you want to switch users, you need to click on the right
>> arrow next to the Shut Down option in the Start Menu, and select Log Off
>> (or
>> Switch Users, if that's available). Then you should have the option of
>> logging off, or switching users.
>>
>> The idea of having a link on the desktop that allows you to switch users
>> at
>> will, totally defeats the concepts of security, and also defeats the
>> purposes of having User Accounts anyhow.
>>
>> As I mentioned, someone may have a way of doing it, or a better answer
>> for
>> you.
>>
>> Have a nice day :-)
>> Patrick.
>> --
>> Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.

VistaUser123

Re: How to display all user accounts on desktop?
thanks JoeT. and Sorry for causing confussion. What I is trying to acchive
is to have all my users accounts displayed on a Vista's logon screen. But
most of time, it displays previous user account, and one "Other User".

In some of testing machines, they display all user accounts (eight of them)
on the log on screen. I just need to find a way to make it happens on my
other testing machines.