Roaming Profiles

SJMP

Roaming Profiles
I have walked through the steps via group policy/folder redirection to point
my profile to the correct shrare, but vista is still not loading it. Please
help!
Ken Zhao [MSFT]

RE: Roaming Profiles
Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, do you get any error messages when you load the roaming
profile on Windows Vista?

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?U0pNUA==?= <sjmp@newsgroup.nospam>
| Subject: Roaming Profiles
| Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:09:00 -0700
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords

| I have walked through the steps via group policy/folder redirection to
point
| my profile to the correct shrare, but vista is still not loading it.
Please
| help!

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

RE: Roaming Profiles
Hi,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: v-kzhao@online.microsoft.com ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:07:13 GMT
| Subject: RE: Roaming Profiles
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords

| Hello,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, do you get any error messages when you load the roaming
| profile on Windows Vista?
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?U0pNUA==?= <sjmp@newsgroup.nospam>
| | Subject: Roaming Profiles
| | Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:09:00 -0700
| | Newsgroups:
| microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
| |
| | I have walked through the steps via group policy/folder redirection to
| point
| | my profile to the correct shrare, but vista is still not loading it.
| Please
| | help!
| |

Mike Firth

RE: Roaming Profiles
Hi Ken,

I thought I would reply to this post as the poster hasn't, and I too have
problems.I have recently migrated my machine from XP to Vista (clean install).

On all of my (SBS 2003 Standard) clients, users use a roaming profile
configured as \\domain.local\profiles\%username% which used to work no
problem.

However, since migrating myself to Vista my profile is not loaded correctly
due to a slow link being detected which is definitely not the case.

I have set the profiles share with Full Control for Authorised Users, tried
deleting my profile etc but to no avail.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Firth
www.diymcse.com

""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
> or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
> know.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ken Zhao
>
> Microsoft Online Support
> Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
>
> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
> ================================================== ==
> ================================================== ==
>

> --------------------
> | From: v-kzhao@online.microsoft.com ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
> | Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:07:13 GMT
> | Subject: RE: Roaming Profiles
> | Newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
> |
> | Hello,
> |
> | Thank you for using newsgroup!
> |
> | From your post, do you get any error messages when you load the roaming
> | profile on Windows Vista?
> |
> | Thanks & Regards,
> |
> | Ken Zhao
> |
> | Microsoft Online Support
> | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
> |
> | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
> <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
> | ================================================== ==
> | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> | ================================================== ==
> | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> |

> | --------------------
> | | From: =?Utf-8?B?U0pNUA==?= <sjmp@newsgroup.nospam>
> | | Subject: Roaming Profiles
> | | Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:09:00 -0700
> | | Newsgroups:
> | microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
> | |
> | | I have walked through the steps via group policy/folder redirection to
> | point
> | | my profile to the correct shrare, but vista is still not loading it.
> | Please
> | | help!
> | |

n.sureshkumaar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
issues on vista roaming profiles
I have a question on vista roaming profiles stored in file server home directories, My customer upgrading his desktops to vista from windows 2000 pro. He is currently using roaming profiles in win2kpro and he do not have any issues as such. But when he did some basic analysis on vista, the network throughput between file server and clients at logon time is really huge in vista compared to win2kpro.It is almost 7 times that of win2kpro. Is there any known issue on vista roaming profile? If so, how it is in vista sp1?