Too many User names ?

BobbiJR8

Too many User names ?
Vista Home Basic, D-E521, Question is, on the OS(C properties,security tab,
under the Group or User names, there are 4 of them, I am the only one that
uses this computer, 1, is Authenticated Users, and only the special
permissions is checked, 2, is SYSTEM and all but the spec permis. is checked,
3 is Administrators(Bobbi-PC)Administators checked the same as 2, and 4 is
Users(Bobbi-PC\Users, and read & execute, list folder content, and read, is
all that is checked on that one. can I get rid of some of them, if so which
ones, and how.
Thanks for any help.
Jane C

Re: Too many User names ?
That is quite normal. You should not attempt to change any of those
permissions, or delete any 'users', as they are essential for the running
of your system.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"BobbiJR8" <BobbiJR8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista Home Basic, D-E521, Question is, on the OS(C properties,security
> tab,
> under the Group or User names, there are 4 of them, I am the only one that
> uses this computer, 1, is Authenticated Users, and only the special
> permissions is checked, 2, is SYSTEM and all but the spec permis. is
> checked,
> 3 is Administrators(Bobbi-PC)Administators checked the same as 2, and 4 is
> Users(Bobbi-PC\Users, and read & execute, list folder content, and read,
> is
> all that is checked on that one. can I get rid of some of them, if so
> which
> ones, and how.
> Thanks for any help.

BobbiJR8

Re: Too many User names ?
Ok, then is there some way to set one of them as the "default" one, everytime
i get on line to do stuff, sometimes I get the permission pop up, and other
times, I will be doing the same exact thing, and don't, and how do I switch
me over to the admin, because, I will go to r-click, and run as admin, and
tells me I don't have permission to do that , and other times it works just
fine, I am confused OH, and thank you for the quick response, I was really
sitting here pondering doing something stupid!!!