Vista Administrative Rights?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZW4=?=

Vista Administrative Rights?
First of all, I am the person who installed Vista and did all the formatting
and am the only user of this computer. My account says (in the user accounts)
that I am a computer administrator however when I run Photoshop after
installation and it tries to open the activation window it tells me:

"You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the
proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator
privileges and try again."

Is this a compatibility issue? If not I would appreciate if someone could
tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSm9obnNvbg==?=

Re: Vista Administrative Rights?
Ok, finally I see what the problem is. I must force these older versions to
prompt for the Administrative permission. Now what about those programs that
I am re-installing (all did well with the exception of 2). The disc warns me
that I cannot use the "Run as" command and must log in as Administrator? Can
I get around this? It's important cause I just bought a new "compatible"
printer and am not able to install the supporting software. No help from the
manufacturer as of yet.

Thanks
david

"Jane C" wrote:

> Right-click on the program's shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'.
> Even though your account is an Adminstrator account, it runs as a Standard
> User unless and until it needs Admin rights for a particular action. Some
> programs require Admin rights but are badly coded and don't ask for elevated
> rights in an appropriate manner.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> "Jaren" <Jaren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news37D8499-C1B1-4DB6-B2F9-24007A733A06@microsoft.com...
> > First of all, I am the person who installed Vista and did all the
> > formatting
> > and am the only user of this computer. My account says (in the user
> > accounts)
> > that I am a computer administrator however when I run Photoshop after
> > installation and it tries to open the activation window it tells me:
> >
> > "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the
> > proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator
> > privileges and try again."
> >
> > Is this a compatibility issue? If not I would appreciate if someone could
> > tell me how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks.

Tom

Re: Vista Administrative Rights?
Welcome to Vista.

Heinrich Moser

Re: Vista Administrative Rights?
Hi!

Jaren <Jaren@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
> First of all, I am the person who installed Vista and did all the formatting
> and am the only user of this computer. My account says (in the user accounts)
> that I am a computer administrator however when I run Photoshop after
> installation and it tries to open the activation window it tells me:
>
> "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the
> proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator
> privileges and try again."
>
> Is this a compatibility issue? If not I would appreciate if someone could
> tell me how to fix it.

Short answer if you just want it "fixed": Google for "how to turn off
uac".

Long answer if you want to know why you should *not* turn it off (but
rather right-click on Photoshop and select "Run as administrator" to
do the activation):
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_as_administrator>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control>

Greetings, hope that helps,