user account

Diana

user account
my account has locked under my name. I need to remove the lock from my
account, because I want add the side bar for gadgets and I can not until I
get the lock removed from my account.
Mac

Re: user account
What do you mean by locked? Password forgotten? Lack of privileges whilst
using your account?

"Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my account has locked under my name. I need to remove the lock from my
> account, because I want add the side bar for gadgets and I can not until I
> get the lock removed from my account.

Diana

Re: user account

No I don't use a password. When I am ready to use the computer and I click
on my account , under my name "Diana" the word "Locked" is always there. How
do I get locked off of my account? I can't get the sidebar gadgets to work.
The other accounts on the computer do not have the word "Locked" under their
names and therefore can use the gadgets on their desktops. Thanks!
"Mac" wrote:

> What do you mean by locked? Password forgotten? Lack of privileges whilst
> using your account?
>
> "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my account has locked under my name. I need to remove the lock from my
> > account, because I want add the side bar for gadgets and I can not until I
> > get the lock removed from my account.

Mac

Re: user account
Hold on...

Your account is "locked", but you can access it.

Forget about Sidebar for the moment - that will be an irrelevance ( I
think).

What other accounts?

Do you have administrator rights to the PC? If not, who does?

Please give us more information regarding who controls the computer, and how
it was set up.

Good luck, Mac...

> No I don't use a password. When I am ready to use the computer and I
> click
> on my account , under my name "Diana" the word "Locked" is always there.
> How
> do I get locked off of my account? I can't get the sidebar gadgets to
> work.
> The other accounts on the computer do not have the word "Locked" under
> their
> names and therefore can use the gadgets on their desktops. Thanks!
> "Mac" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by locked? Password forgotten? Lack of privileges whilst
>> using your account?
>>
>> "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my account has locked under my name. I need to remove the lock from my
>> > account, because I want add the side bar for gadgets and I can not
>> > until I
>> > get the lock removed from my account.

Dennis Kudin

Re: user account
Diana,

try to log on under administrator and unlock your account.

--
Best regards,
Dennis Kudin