Mouse software install problem

tedc

Mouse software install problem
I installed a Logitech wireless mouse (LX7) on a new Windows Home Premium PC.
After repeated discussions, emails and downloads of Vista versions with
Logitech, the supporting software will not install. They say a system
problem. The software downloads and starts to install, but hangs up with
Windows Installer "Preparing to install". Any thoughts?

Also, I try to uninstall, but hangs as well. When try to delete the folder
with the files, I get: Destination Folder Access Denied, "You need permission
to perform this action".

I check that the only user on the computer is adminstrator and that it has
full control for the folder. Any thoughts on this as well?

Ted

kuan wai

RE: Mouse software install problem
Is your account belongs to the administrators group? You will need
administrator priviledge to install and uninstall the software.

"tedc" wrote:

> I installed a Logitech wireless mouse (LX7) on a new Windows Home Premium PC.
> After repeated discussions, emails and downloads of Vista versions with
> Logitech, the supporting software will not install. They say a system
> problem. The software downloads and starts to install, but hangs up with
> Windows Installer "Preparing to install". Any thoughts?
>
> Also, I try to uninstall, but hangs as well. When try to delete the folder
> with the files, I get: Destination Folder Access Denied, "You need permission
> to perform this action".
>
> I check that the only user on the computer is adminstrator and that it has
> full control for the folder. Any thoughts on this as well?
>
> Ted

tedc

RE: Mouse software install problem
I have only one user on the computer and it is administrator.