Trouble installing Printer

KevinG

Trouble installing Printer
I just got a HP5180 all-in-one printer, and the box said it was compatable
with Vista. Windows auto-found/installed the drivers for it, so the printer
works, but I can't install the printer software to use the all-in-one
features. When I try to run the cd, it tells me:
"This software cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. The
installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Log off
and then log on as a user with administration privileges. (Conact your
system administrator for more information.) If there is no system
administrator have the primary user of this computer install the software.
Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation CD."

I did that. I'm on the primary user account, with administrator privileges,
and it still gives me that message every time. Any idea how I can install
this?
kuan wai

RE: Trouble installing Printer
try disabling UAC before you install the software. re-enable UAC after the
installation

"KevinG" wrote:

> I just got a HP5180 all-in-one printer, and the box said it was compatable
> with Vista. Windows auto-found/installed the drivers for it, so the printer
> works, but I can't install the printer software to use the all-in-one
> features. When I try to run the cd, it tells me:
> "This software cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. The
> installation cannot continue until this is resolved.
>
> Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Log off
> and then log on as a user with administration privileges. (Conact your
> system administrator for more information.) If there is no system
> administrator have the primary user of this computer install the software.
> Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation CD."
>
> I did that. I'm on the primary user account, with administrator privileges,
> and it still gives me that message every time. Any idea how I can install
> this?

KevinG

RE: Trouble installing Printer
Did that, restarted, and still the same message.
Very frustrating.

"kuan wai" wrote:

> try disabling UAC before you install the software. re-enable UAC after the
> installation
>
> "KevinG" wrote:
>
> > I just got a HP5180 all-in-one printer, and the box said it was compatable
> > with Vista. Windows auto-found/installed the drivers for it, so the printer
> > works, but I can't install the printer software to use the all-in-one
> > features. When I try to run the cd, it tells me:
> > "This software cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. The
> > installation cannot continue until this is resolved.
> >
> > Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Log off
> > and then log on as a user with administration privileges. (Conact your
> > system administrator for more information.) If there is no system
> > administrator have the primary user of this computer install the software.
> > Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation CD."
> >
> > I did that. I'm on the primary user account, with administrator privileges,
> > and it still gives me that message every time. Any idea how I can install
> > this?

MrKelly is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having same problem
I am having the same problem with my HP officejet 5500 series all-in-one.

Did you ever figure this problem out?

Mr. Kelly Johnson
Cougar52979@yahoo.com

Re: Trouble installing Printer
what kind of trouble are you havein? I am a network admin in the military
and have worked with the 5500 series printers.

"MrKelly" <MrKelly.35xcwh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I am having the same problem with my HP officejet 5500 series
> all-in-one.
>
> Did you ever figure this problem out?
>
> Mr. Kelly Johnson
> Cougar52979@yahoo.com
>

> --
> MrKelly

seajamit

RE: Trouble installing Printer
hello???? how are we supposed to help u if u dont give us specific details
--
Jamie

seajamit

Re: Trouble installing Printer
if u got to the hp site and go to the support section there may be a driver
which supports windows vista
--
Jamie

"MrKelly" wrote:

> I am having the same problem with my HP officejet 5500 series
> all-in-one.
>
> Did you ever figure this problem out?
>
> Mr. Kelly Johnson
> Cougar52979@yahoo.com
>

> --
> MrKelly

cpemma

seajamit;640443 Wrote:
> hello???? how are we supposed to help u if u dont give us specific
> details

It appears your server has lost the earlier posts; to recap;

"I just got a HP5180 all-in-one printer, and the box said it was
compatable
with Vista. Windows auto-found/installed the drivers for it, so the
printer
works, but I can't install the printer software to use the all-in-one
features. When I try to run the cd, it tells me:
"This software cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. The
installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Log
off
and then log on as a user with administration privileges. (Contact
your
system administrator for more information.) If there is no system
administrator have the primary user of this computer install the
software.
Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation
CD."

I did that. I'm on the primary user account, with administrator
privileges,
and it still gives me that message every time. Any idea how I can
install
this?"

With some older (XP) setup programs, what works is, rather than letting
it auto-run, find the program the autorun.inf file is pointing to,
right-click and "run as admin".

It's worth checking at HP for updated software, but don't get your
hopes up.

--
cpemma
cpemma

cpemma;642244 Wrote:
> It's worth checking at HP for updated software, but don't get your hopes
> up.

I do them an injustice (only based on my own Laserjet "support")

Go 'Software & Driver downloads*HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&I1.y=0&I1.x=0)
and pick your flavour.

--
cpemma