how logoff absent users with task manaqer

notawonk

how logoff absent users with task manaqer
My kids, under their own logons, can load up my machine
with programs, and walk away leaving things running. If I then
come in, log on in my administrator-capable account, Vista won't
let me log off other -now absent- users, using task manager, as I
have found useful in XP. How do I get task manager to recognize
my administrator status and so I can clean up the machine without
having to restart? I have home premium.
Thanks for comments.
kuan wai

RE: how logoff absent users with task manaqer
You need to run Task Manager with administrative priviledges. Easiest way is
to open Task Manager, go to Process tab and click on Show process from all
users. You can now logoff users from the Users tab

"notawonk" wrote:

> My kids, under their own logons, can load up my machine
> with programs, and walk away leaving things running. If I then
> come in, log on in my administrator-capable account, Vista won't
> let me log off other -now absent- users, using task manager, as I
> have found useful in XP. How do I get task manager to recognize
> my administrator status and so I can clean up the machine without
> having to restart? I have home premium.
> Thanks for comments.

notawonk

Re: how logoff absent users with task manaqer
Aha! Bingo! Thank you very much!