Repalcement for DelProf

MitchW

Repalcement for DelProf
Hello,

I have used delprof in the past for Profile Management under Windows XP. Is
there a reliable replacement for Vista. I need to delete all profiles on a
machine nightly.

thanks,
mitch
Sam

RE: Repalcement for DelProf
As far as I can tell there is no utility for Vista so far. However there is
a group policy setting that seems to work pretty well. Computer
configuration-->Administrative templates-->System-->User Profiles-->Delete
user profiles older than a specified number of days.

"MitchW" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have used delprof in the past for Profile Management under Windows XP. Is
> there a reliable replacement for Vista. I need to delete all profiles on a
> machine nightly.
>
> thanks,
> mitch

Sealdog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Repalcement for DelProf
The policy for removing account that have been inactive does not seem to work. I have set it as low as 1 day, then rebooted the system only to find none of the profiles are deleted. I have 30 systems all with over 100 profiles on them and I need a way to delete them. Is there any other options other than a policy that does not seem to work for me, or the accounts applette that only lets you delete one at a time. -Sealdog
Dave

Re: Repalcement for DelProf
Hi!

Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

Dave

"Sealdog" wrote:

> The policy for removing account that have been inactive does not seem to
> work. I have set it as low as 1 day, then rebooted the system only to
> find none of the profiles are deleted. I have 30 systems all with over
> 100 profiles on them and I need a way to delete them. Is there any
> other options other than a policy that does not seem to work for me, or
> the accounts applette that only lets you delete one at a time.
> -Sealdog
>

> --
> Sealdog

Sealdog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Repalcement for DelProf
Sorry Dave,

I haven't found a solution to this problem. I am really getting P.O.ed that Microsoft removes something that works perfectly well and then provides something that does not work or no suitible replacement. I have set the policy as low as one day and still no profiles are deleted on reboot.

sealdog