Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner

nokomis

Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner
In Vista Home Premium, we have a corporate logo (with corporate name) set up
at the Logon Screen which we do not want to tamper with, but the associated
account has the name of a previous employee, which we want to change to a new
employee name - keeping the files, but changing the owner.

What is the procedure for doing this... ? Thanks!
nokomis

RE: Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner
Some additional information:

We do not want to 'add' another user name and copy the document files from
the old user to the new one, because that would create a new user logon - we
want to continue to use the 'corporate logo' logon as the only logon on that
machine. We just want to change the name that appears as the owner of the
'documents'...

Hope some one can help with this - we have been googling and searching for
an answer for over a week... :-)

"nokomis" wrote:

> In Vista Home Premium, we have a corporate logo (with corporate name) set up
> at the Logon Screen which we do not want to tamper with, but the associated
> account has the name of a previous employee, which we want to change to a new
> employee name - keeping the files, but changing the owner.
>
> What is the procedure for doing this... ? Thanks!

nokomis

RE: Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner
Still hoping for some guidance... :-)

"nokomis" wrote:

> Some additional information:
>
> We do not want to 'add' another user name and copy the document files from
> the old user to the new one, because that would create a new user logon - we
> want to continue to use the 'corporate logo' logon as the only logon on that
> machine. We just want to change the name that appears as the owner of the
> 'documents'...
>
> Hope some one can help with this - we have been googling and searching for
> an answer for over a week... :-)
>
> "nokomis" wrote:
>
> > In Vista Home Premium, we have a corporate logo (with corporate name) set up
> > at the Logon Screen which we do not want to tamper with, but the associated
> > account has the name of a previous employee, which we want to change to a new
> > employee name - keeping the files, but changing the owner.
> >
> > What is the procedure for doing this... ? Thanks!

Michael Walraven

Re: Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner
Control panel
User Accounts and Family Safety
User Accounts
Change your account name

?? doesn't work for you ??

Michael

"nokomis" <nokomis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Still hoping for some guidance... :-)
>
> "nokomis" wrote:
>
>> Some additional information:
>>
>> We do not want to 'add' another user name and copy the document files
>> from
>> the old user to the new one, because that would create a new user logon -
>> we
>> want to continue to use the 'corporate logo' logon as the only logon on
>> that
>> machine. We just want to change the name that appears as the owner of the
>> 'documents'...
>>
>> Hope some one can help with this - we have been googling and searching
>> for
>> an answer for over a week... :-)
>>
>> "nokomis" wrote:
>>
>> > In Vista Home Premium, we have a corporate logo (with corporate name)
>> > set up
>> > at the Logon Screen which we do not want to tamper with, but the
>> > associated
>> > account has the name of a previous employee, which we want to change to
>> > a new
>> > employee name - keeping the files, but changing the owner.
>> >
>> > What is the procedure for doing this... ? Thanks!

nokomis

Re: Need To Change Documents Account Name / Owner
If we change the name of the USER it changes the name on the logon screen -
it does not change the name on the Documents folder...

We DO NOTwant to change the name on the logon screen - we DO want to change