Home Edition - Logging off

blueRidgeMtns

Home Edition - Logging off
I think it's funnny in the Vista Home Premium edition, that the two buttons
in the Start menu are for Sleep and Lock. I use the Lock feature at work
every time I step away from my desk, but at home I use it approximately never
ever ever never ever.

At home, I want to Log Off when I'm done. I don't need the lock the PC when
I step away, I just leave it up. The only way to get to Log Off (which I
think would be very common for home users with multiple accounts) is to go to
that arrow and select it off of the sub-menu.

So the question is: is there a way to reconfigure the Lock button so it
really does a Log Off?

I'll also provide my solution that I put on the desktop of all accounts on
my pc. I created a shortcut as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -l

(that's a lower-case L on the end)

Clicking this shortcut immediately logs off the account. I've got it pinned
on the Start menu and/or on the desktop where it's easy to get to. It makes
it much easier to log off.
Joshua

Re: Home Edition - Logging off
blueRidgeMtns

I felt the same way you did about having a power button put that wouldn't
shut down my computer. I found the answer to changing the behavior of the
power button on the c/net website. Here is the link to a video demo
http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-27148.html . I hope this helps you out.