Built-in administrator account

=?Utf-8?B?RGltYXMgUGVyZXo=?=

Built-in administrator account
Is it possible to enable the built-in Administrator account in Vista Home
premium? Regardless of recommendation not to, it is not advisable. Is this
possible or not and if it is, how?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Built-in administrator account
It is possible and you would do it from the Control Panel, User Accounts.

"Dimas Perez" <DimasPerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to enable the built-in Administrator account in Vista Home
> premium? Regardless of recommendation not to, it is not advisable. Is this
> possible or not and if it is, how?

=?Utf-8?B?RGltYXMgUGVyZXo=?=

Re: Built-in administrator account
The Control Panel, User Accounts only show my account and a "Guest". I will
not show an "Administrator" account and will not allow to add one since
according to Windows it already exists. If it in fact exists, where is it
hidden? The "Computer Management" does not show the "Local users and groups"
and these can not be added as a "snap-in". WIndows states that it is not an
available option with Home premium". I read a post at TechNet which mentions
how to add a "snap-in" to add the users and grups and that is applicable to
all versions of Vista.

Is it possible to enable/use the built-in Administrator account with Home
Premium?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> It is possible and you would do it from the Control Panel, User Accounts.

> "Dimas Perez" <DimasPerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to enable the built-in Administrator account in Vista Home
> > premium? Regardless of recommendation not to, it is not advisable. Is this
> > possible or not and if it is, how?

Robert Firth

Re: Built-in administrator account
Well, you can start by disabling User Account Control in User Accounts. Like
you said, it is a poor idea, but it will make you (and whatever malware
decides to run) administrator.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

> The Control Panel, User Accounts only show my account and a "Guest". I
> will
> not show an "Administrator" account and will not allow to add one since
> according to Windows it already exists. If it in fact exists, where is it
> hidden? The "Computer Management" does not show the "Local users and
> groups"
> and these can not be added as a "snap-in". WIndows states that it is not
> an
> available option with Home premium". I read a post at TechNet which
> mentions
> how to add a "snap-in" to add the users and grups and that is applicable
> all versions of Vista.
>
> Is it possible to enable/use the built-in Administrator account with Home
> Premium?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> It is possible and you would do it from the Control Panel, User Accounts.

>> "Dimas Perez" <DimasPerez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to enable the built-in Administrator account in Vista
>> > premium? Regardless of recommendation not to, it is not advisable. Is
>> > this
>> > possible or not and if it is, how?

Jimmy Brush

Re: Built-in administrator account
Hello,

As you mentioned, it is a bad idea to use the administrator account, as when
you are logged in as the administrator, UAC is not enabled.

But, you can do it:

- Click start
- Type: cmd
- Right click cmd, click Run As Administrator
- Type: net user administrator /active:yes
- Press enter

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User