how do i change the password expiration policy on Vista home premi

Lewis

how do i change the password expiration policy on Vista home premi
Does anyone know if it is possilble to set the password to never expire on
Vista Home premium? I have an logon for both my wife and myself. My wife's
password expired (didn't give her the option of changing it).
Jimmy Brush

Re: how do i change the password expiration policy on Vista homepremi
Lewis wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possilble to set the password to never expire on
> Vista Home premium? I have an logon for both my wife and myself. My wife's
> password expired (didn't give her the option of changing it).

Hello,

See if this works for you:

- Click start
- Type: command prompt
- Right-click it when it appears in the list and click Run As Administrator
- Type the following command and press enter:

net accounts /maxpwage:0

--
-JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
thomas rohrer

Re: how do i change the password expiration policy on Vista home p
i tried the :0 switch but it did not work. It gives me an error about the
minpwlen. Why do we have to change this through the command prompt. shouldn't
there be a local security polices area we can change? as in Win XP.

thomas rohrer wrote:
> i tried the :0 switch but it did not work. It gives me an error about the
> minpwlen. Why do we have to change this through the command prompt. shouldn't
> there be a local security polices area we can change? as in Win XP.
>
> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
>
>> Lewis wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if it is possilble to set the password to never expire on
>>> Vista Home premium? I have an logon for both my wife and myself. My wife's
>>> password expired (didn't give her the option of changing it).

>> Hello,
>>
>> See if this works for you:
>>
>> - Click start
>> - Type: command prompt
>> - Right-click it when it appears in the list and click Run As Administrator
>> - Type the following command and press enter:
>>
>> net accounts /maxpwage:0
>>
>> --
>> -JB
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Windows Vista Support FAQ - http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

You can still use local security policy to change it. In this case,
though, the OP was using a home version of windows, so local security
policy was not available to him.