Administrator Problem...

Scotty

Administrator Problem...
I recently installed Belarc Advisor, and after it scanned my system, I was
surprised at the following:

local system accounts
Administrator {admin}
Guest
(accounts are disabled)

How do I enable these accounts? Thanks in advance!

Tim

Re: Administrator Problem...
It's a little hard to determine from the way you formatted your message
exactly which accounts are disabled. But from what I can tell, it looks
normal to me...no need to do anything. The Guest is disabled by
default...you can (and should) leave it alone.

Tim

"Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Belarc Advisor, and after it scanned my system, I was
> surprised at the following:
>
> local system accounts
> Administrator {admin}
> Guest
> (accounts are disabled)
>
> How do I enable these accounts? Thanks in advance!

Scotty

Re: Administrator Problem...
Thanks Tim. I haven't touched the "Guest" account, but why would the read say
that my "Administrator" account is disabled in my "Local Systems Accounts?"
Just to satisfy my curiousity.

"Tim" wrote:

> It's a little hard to determine from the way you formatted your message
> exactly which accounts are disabled. But from what I can tell, it looks
> normal to me...no need to do anything. The Guest is disabled by
> default...you can (and should) leave it alone.
>
> Tim
>
> "Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently installed Belarc Advisor, and after it scanned my system, I was
> > surprised at the following:
> >
> > local system accounts
> > Administrator {admin}
> > Guest
> > (accounts are disabled)
> >
> > How do I enable these accounts? Thanks in advance!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrator Problem...
Scotty

The Administrator account referred to here is the built-in administrator
account and should not be anabled or used. This account is a safety net, in
case your normal administrator account gets corrupted or is lost, you will
be able to use this built-in account to recover.

The Guest account is a highly restricted account that is used for someone
that you want to allow to use the computer on a temporary basis.

The Guest account can be enabled in Control Panel/User Accounts.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Belarc Advisor, and after it scanned my system, I was
> surprised at the following:
>
> local system accounts
> Administrator {admin}
> Guest
> (accounts are disabled)
>
> How do I enable these accounts? Thanks in advance!

Scotty

Re: Administrator Problem...
Thanks for the info, Ronnie!

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Scotty
>
> The Administrator account referred to here is the built-in administrator
> account and should not be anabled or used. This account is a safety net, in
> case your normal administrator account gets corrupted or is lost, you will
> be able to use this built-in account to recover.
>
> The Guest account is a highly restricted account that is used for someone
> that you want to allow to use the computer on a temporary basis.
>
> The Guest account can be enabled in Control Panel/User Accounts.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently installed Belarc Advisor, and after it scanned my system, I was
> > surprised at the following:
> >
> > local system accounts
> > Administrator {admin}
> > Guest
> > (accounts are disabled)
> >
> > How do I enable these accounts? Thanks in advance!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrator Problem...
Scotty

Your welcome, glad to help.