I am an administrator, but I don't have any administrator rights

Markku

I am an administrator, but I don't have any administrator rights
Hi!

I have a couple of users and all of those belongs to admistrators group.
Every user have the same problem, they don't have any administrator rights.

For exmaple I cannot turn automatic updating on and I cannot save any files
in root of the C-drive.

Do anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!!

Regards:
Markku
Jimmy Brush

Re: I am an administrator, but I don't have any administrator rights
Hello,

In Windows Vista, even though you are an administrator, only programs
that ask to use your admin power ("Windows needs your permission to
continue") are allowed to have it.

This protects you from programs that you did not start from taking
control over your computer.

If you would like a program that does not ask you for permission to
have admin power, right-click on it and click run as administrator.

You can force a program to always ask to use admin power by enabling
the 'run as administrator' option from the compatability tab of its
properties window.

- JB

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 06:39:00 -0700, Markku
<Markku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have a couple of users and all of those belongs to admistrators group.
>Every user have the same problem, they don't have any administrator rights.
>
>For exmaple I cannot turn automatic updating on and I cannot save any files
>in root of the C-drive.
>
>Do anyone have any ideas?
>
>Thank you!!
>
>Regards:
>Markku

Markku

Re: I am an administrator, but I don't have any administrator righ
Hello

Jimmy, thanks for reply.

But why I cannot turn on the automatic updates from control panel? Every
options are grey. I did not find any administrator option in control panel,
which I can find on programs, like Jimmy advised.

Regards:
Markku

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In Windows Vista, even though you are an administrator, only programs
> that ask to use your admin power ("Windows needs your permission to
> continue") are allowed to have it.
>
> This protects you from programs that you did not start from taking
> control over your computer.
>
> If you would like a program that does not ask you for permission to
> have admin power, right-click on it and click run as administrator.
>
> You can force a program to always ask to use admin power by enabling
> the 'run as administrator' option from the compatability tab of its
> properties window.
>
> - JB
>
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 06:39:00 -0700, Markku
> <Markku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I have a couple of users and all of those belongs to admistrators group.
> >Every user have the same problem, they don't have any administrator rights.
> >
> >For exmaple I cannot turn automatic updating on and I cannot save any files
> >in root of the C-drive.
> >
> >Do anyone have any ideas?
> >
> >Thank you!!
> >
> >Regards:
> >Markku

Jimmy Brush

Re: I am an administrator, but I don't have any administrator righ
This happens when there is a group policy setting that is enforcing a
certain option.

Are you on a domain? If so, your domain administrator may have
specified a setting here.

If you're not on a domain, then you may have installed a program that
has overridden this setting, I think some security software does this.

- JB

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:05:04 -0700, Markku