I need Administrator rights, though I am Administrator

Wouter

I need Administrator rights, though I am Administrator
This is the problem: I need to update my SanDisk U3 Launchpad, because it
didn't work anymore. So it said I had to update it and I came to the
following website
http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_in...%201,%200,%202
There I can click on a button named "install Launchpad". However, when I do
so, a message appears which says that I must have administrator rights to run
this application. But I am the only user of this computer, and thus I have
administrator rights. I can only click 'Cancel' and I'm not able to finish
the update.
Jimmy Brush

Re: I need Administrator rights, though I am Administrator
Hello,

In Windows Vista, even though you are an administrator, only programs
that ask for your permission ("Windows needs your permission to
continue") are allowed to use your admin power.

Since you are starting the installation inside of Internet Explorer,
you will need to open an admin instance of IE (right-click it, click
Run As Administrator), and then initiate the installation.

- JB

On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:03:02 -0700, Wouter
<Wouter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is the problem: I need to update my SanDisk U3 Launchpad, because it
>didn't work anymore. So it said I had to update it and I came to the
>following website
>http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_in...%201,%200,%202
>There I can click on a button named "install Launchpad". However, when I do
>so, a message appears which says that I must have administrator rights to run
>this application. But I am the only user of this computer, and thus I have
>administrator rights. I can only click 'Cancel' and I'm not able to finish
>the update.

Wouter

Re: I need Administrator rights, though I am Administrator
It worked, thanks a lot!