administrator, but no administrator?!?

Pete

administrator, but no administrator?!?
Im having problems with certain programs which want to upgrade (i.e. windows
live messenger) but tell me I need to be logged in as an Administrator. I
only have one account, that is definitely set as administrator?? Any ideas?

Also, when I upgrade windows live messenger from the website, it keeps
crashing and closing, so I have to revert to the old version?

Cheers
BurrWalnut

RE: administrator, but no administrator?!?
I don't understand your contradictory statements. You say you can't upgrade
Messenger because you're not the administrator then, in the next breath, you
say it crashes when you attempt to upgrade it.

However, to log on as the true administrator, go to Start, type cmd and
press Enter. Now type net user administrator /active:yes (note the 3 spaces)
and press Enter. You may have to reboot for the Administrator account to
show on the Welcome screen. To disable it retype the command but change yes
to no

"Pete" wrote:

> Im having problems with certain programs which want to upgrade (i.e. windows
> live messenger) but tell me I need to be logged in as an Administrator. I
> only have one account, that is definitely set as administrator?? Any ideas?
>
> Also, when I upgrade windows live messenger from the website, it keeps
> crashing and closing, so I have to revert to the old version?
>
> Cheers

BarryD

RE: administrator, but no administrator?!?
Hi BurrWalnut
I have a similar problem and I tried your fix but all I got was a message
saying "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied" What happens now?

BarryD