Removing MS-Adware from Vista Business

Reid

Removing MS-Adware from Vista Business
Vista came loaded with adware. The most annoying one is the pop up that trys
to sell AOL and other Internet services. It contunually pops up and demands
that we deal with it or tell it not to appear again. We tell it not to
appear again and 20 minutes later it pops up again requiring attention. I
looked for it in program files, in the control panel software list and in the
startup files but can not figure out to to stop and remove this pain. Don't
expect to pay big bucks for a peice of software that acts like a
telemarketer...

What is it called, where do I find it and how do I erradicate this varmit?
Want to remove it and other unwanted sales hooks from my system. Using Vista
Business.

Thanks,
-r
Angelique

RE: Removing MS-Adware from Vista Business
"Reid" wrote:

> Vista came loaded with adware. The most annoying one is the pop up that trys
> to sell AOL and other Internet services.....

I'll be those things were added by your computer manufacturer, because I
just got Vista for Business and I don't have anything like that.

Angelique

Tim

Re: Removing MS-Adware from Vista Business
There are three places to look (you may have checked them already but it was
hard to tell exactly from your description). The first is "Programs and
Features" found in Control Panel. The second is to look in both Startup
folders (there is one for your account and one for All Users). And the third
is to run MSCONFIG and look in the Startup tab.

Those annoying programs are put in there by the PC vendor. If the above
fails to do the trick, try the web site of the PC's manufacturer. Maybe they
have an FAQ or something similar that would help in nuking them.

Tim