How do I change the administrator info and the registration info??

Heather

How do I change the administrator info and the registration info??
Just bought a brand new notebook from Staples. It was there display model so
they are signed into for the administrator and everything. The man at the
store gave me the password but how do I change everything into my name and
how do I change the password?
Tim

Re: How do I change the administrator info and the registration info??
Leave the Administrator account alone (i.e. don't try to change the
name)...but you will want to change that account's password. When you are
logged into the Administrator account, press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys.
One of the resulting choices will be "Change a password"...click on it and
follow the prompts.

Next, while logged in as Administrator, go to Control Panel and open "User
Accounts". There you can create a new account in your name (create it with
Admin rights).

Tim

"Heather" <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a brand new notebook from Staples. It was there display model
> so
> they are signed into for the administrator and everything. The man at the
> store gave me the password but how do I change everything into my name and
> how do I change the password?

jimmuh

Re: How do I change the administrator info and the registration in
Another consideration, particularly strongly made if you plan to put personal
data on that system:

If you got installation media with the machine, nuke it and start over with
a clean installation of the operating system. There is no way to know for
certain that the system was not compromised while in use at the store.

"Tim" wrote:

> Leave the Administrator account alone (i.e. don't try to change the
> name)...but you will want to change that account's password. When you are
> logged into the Administrator account, press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys.
> One of the resulting choices will be "Change a password"...click on it and
> follow the prompts.
>
> Next, while logged in as Administrator, go to Control Panel and open "User
> Accounts". There you can create a new account in your name (create it with
> Admin rights).
>
> Tim
>
> "Heather" <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just bought a brand new notebook from Staples. It was there display model
> > so
> > they are signed into for the administrator and everything. The man at the
> > store gave me the password but how do I change everything into my name and
> > how do I change the password?

Tim

Re: How do I change the administrator info and the registration in
Very good point...I would do that too.

Tim