Password not recognized when using two keyboards

Larry F

Password not recognized when using two keyboards
I am running Vista Home Premium on a new Gateway laptop. I set up my password
usiing the laptop keyboard and things went well.
Then I added an external, full sized USB keyboard.
Now when I enter my password on the laptop keyboard it is rejected, but it
works if I enter it on the external keyboard.

I take my laptop to a second home where I plan to buy another external
keyboard. I am afraid I won't be able to boot the laptop there to even get
started.
I am also afraid to try to shut it down an open without the USB keybaord
plugged in to even test it.

I think I may be able to remove the password, but I don't trust Vista enough
to even try that!

--
End of Larry F
Mark Bourne

Re: Password not recognized when using two keyboards
Larry F wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium on a new Gateway laptop. I set up my password
> usiing the laptop keyboard and things went well.
> Then I added an external, full sized USB keyboard.
> Now when I enter my password on the laptop keyboard it is rejected, but it
> works if I enter it on the external keyboard.
>
> I take my laptop to a second home where I plan to buy another external
> keyboard. I am afraid I won't be able to boot the laptop there to even get
> started.
> I am also afraid to try to shut it down an open without the USB keybaord
> plugged in to even test it.
>
> I think I may be able to remove the password, but I don't trust Vista enough
> to even try that!

Do you have numlock on? If so, some of the letters on the right-hand
side of your laptop keyboard will have become numbers. You will need to
make sure numlock is off before using the laptop keyboard.
Larry F

Re: Password not recognized when using two keyboards
Good grief. How soon we forget! Of course, I did have that problem once
before with the old laptop. It completely slipped my mind.
Probably because of assuming the worst case, since there has been so much
warning about how buggy Vista might be, I was too pessimistic.

Thanks much, and sorry to waste your time on such a trivial matter. Hope all
your queires are this easy to solve!
--
Regards, Larry F